merlin

(158 Posts)
beujolais Mon 10-Sep-12 22:23:28

No merlin fans out there then? Eagerly anticipating series 5! Can never take my eyes off sir percivals arms!

Just watched it, with a cup of tea, a slice of homemade choc cake and a big grin. The knights of Camelot did us proud. So happy to see www.imdb.com/name/nm2151126/. Hope the scrummy Lancelot returns. I was surprised at Gwen's harsh sentencing, but she obviously means business!

FairPhyllis surely not the last season?! Gutted.

ProphetOfDoom Sun 07-Oct-12 15:06:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SchmaltzingMatilda I'm pretty sure my DS would like a calendar like that too! (ahem)

LetUsPrey Sun 07-Oct-12 16:12:10

Sadly I don't think the calendar is a reality. I'm mean, I'm just guessing, I didn't google it or anything. No no no. grinblush

LetUsPrey Sun 07-Oct-12 17:00:30

There is no nekkidness in that calendar. What's the point? Sure, there are days and stuff but no nekkid knights wielding their swords <snurk>.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 07-Oct-12 21:07:24

Loved the episode such neckidness top quality story lines..

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sun 07-Oct-12 21:15:34

It's rivalling True Blood for torso totty and no mistake. and it's a children's show which means you have to watch it with them in case they get scared. Such a hardship.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 07-Oct-12 21:31:18

Erm.... My kids were in bed blush

RedBlanket Mon 08-Oct-12 11:07:15

<removes merlin calendar from DS's Christmas list>

LittleAbruzzen did you know Eoin is making his own film called Cold

I'm so pleased Merlin is back. DS3 curled up on the sofa with us and I enjoyed Bradley James the plot

Thanks Jimjams, that looks good, Eoin and the plot!

beujolais Mon 08-Oct-12 13:11:32

I hope that isn't true about it being the final season! I've gone back to the beginning, i'm gonna watch all my box sets again! Can't wait to see this mordred story develop. Had to remain poker faced as i watched layer upon layer of serious beefcakes bashing away with their massive ahem tools, i was watching with my lad, could not be seen swooning. Still can't take my eyes off precivals arms, hubba hubba.

beujolais Mon 08-Oct-12 13:12:39

Sorry PERCIVAL! I can't seem to spell today.

beujolais Mon 08-Oct-12 13:13:58

BTW did you guys know they are making a merlin film? Will be epic!

MeFour Mon 08-Oct-12 13:19:37

Sorry, do you say it was a children's program?
Hahahahaha

beujolais Mon 08-Oct-12 13:21:08

Haha it's supposed to be! Think the producers wanted to throw us mums a bone too, crank up the viewing figures maybe?

halfthesize Mon 08-Oct-12 13:42:25

LetUsPrey you are a star and have made my week with that linkwink

cocolepew Mon 08-Oct-12 13:47:09

A film!?!

Maybe it will be in 3D <faints>

lljkk Mon 08-Oct-12 13:53:04

I would like this to be last season, or next to last season. I'd hate it to be dragged out beyond it's natural life.
But agree there'd be lots to cover if this were THE last season.

I'm fed up waiting for Merlin to kick some ass.

Percival's in that Cold film as well.

They keep saying yes/no to a 6th series. But surely they must know, or if it's only a maybe then Merlin must reveal is magic this series.

I spend far too much time thinking about merlin grin

FairPhyllis Mon 08-Oct-12 18:24:02

I'm sure I saw an interview with a producer/writer a while back saying that they were all about their 5 season story plan. I hope that if they did originally plan for 5 seasons, that they leave it at that - I think many shows (esp American ones) go on for too long. If they had a 5 season plan and then tack another season on, I think the probability of it being crap is high, which would make me sad.

Unless the 6th season is about the Knights of Camelot opening a modelling agency, of course grin.

Oh and I wish someone would give Merlin a new costume - he's had the same clothes since the first series. You'd think Arthur could stretch to a new outfit for him!

lljkk Mon 08-Oct-12 18:58:16

I would have thought we'd know if all the relevant actors were looking for work, so probably this isn't last season. Really don't want it to go on too long, though, utterly hate shows that do that.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Mon 08-Oct-12 19:13:34

lol at works on so many levels grin was watching it and thinking how many sofas throughout the land would have a DH like mine scoffing, lurking about, but watching Morgana nevertheless , DC variously interested in the fighting, the magic, the horses. In our house DS1 (14) was explaining the storyline, and referring back to backstory - eg Mordred for those of us who had lost track, DS2 (12) keenly interested in the swords and armour and me admiring the shirtlessness musing on the legends from Chretien de Troyes.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Mon 08-Oct-12 19:15:07

And yessss! Arthur's expression when Merlin did the juggling! Tha man's acting has improved immensely from the first series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now