Oooh Waterloo road is back next week...

(111 Posts)
HaitchJay Thu 16-Aug-12 13:48:42

I got into it last series --and am starting to get obsessed with crap soaps.

Anyone else in for a discussion thread?

TerrariaMum Thu 16-Aug-12 16:55:59

Love Waterloo Road and Holby and Casualty. So, yes, count me in.

Hooray! I just hope they haven't killed off poor Chalky!

HaitchJay Thu 16-Aug-12 17:56:58

I didn't see him in the trailer <wibble>

cocolepew Thu 16-Aug-12 22:58:48

I love WR, its utterly ridiculous grin

Msarsebiscuit Thu 16-Aug-12 23:51:47

Surely it's the most unhealthy workplace in Britain, I fear for the sanity of their risk assessors.

LineRunner Thu 16-Aug-12 23:58:07

It's a great school. There are only about 50 pupils, many of whom are in their early twenties, and all the Head Teachers are fruit loops.

Even the most dreadful, aggressive pupils are in an academic sixth form, frequently with their much older or younger siblings, and all the teachers have a very, very dark secret.

The LEA is feared as much as the KGB, as are 'The Governors'. The Director of Education sweeps in once in a while to sack the Head Teacher and there is a secretary called Janice who shags the plumber.

Fab.

Wolfiefan Fri 17-Aug-12 00:05:39

I love the fact that so many of the students have such dreadful and complex problems BUT they can all be straightened out in one episode. I also love that when everything is kicking off it only requires a "right you lot" to establish complete calm!
Hmm have scriptwriters ever been in a school or met a teen?!

jandymaccomesback Fri 17-Aug-12 10:45:04

And where is the SENCo? All those problems and he/she is never seen.

LittleBarnOwl Fri 17-Aug-12 10:47:17

I haven't watched it before but it's being filmed here now and somehow they have moved the "school" here too in the storyline confused

LineRunner Fri 17-Aug-12 10:56:40

Oh yes, that's right, the Head Teacher and group of pupils decided to open an academy in a barn or something. It's that easy. grin

LittleBarnOwl Fri 17-Aug-12 11:04:49

In real life they had and empty school here and the council saw a way to make some money out of it grin also now they have the cast to open fetes and new shops etc.

I'll have to start watching it.

Msarsebiscuit Fri 17-Aug-12 11:12:44

Yes, LittleBarnOwl, apparently my ex-MIL, Mrs Beelzebub was offered a role as an extra in it. Presumably they wanted to up the terror ante.

LittleBarnOwl Fri 17-Aug-12 11:23:17

Lol grin

Maybe she'll be an extra in the one they are filming in the prison too?

Msarsebiscuit Fri 17-Aug-12 11:48:26

Fingers crossed.

LineRunner Fri 17-Aug-12 14:17:34

There's going to be Waterloo Cell Block H? <excited>

I hope that the reason Chalky isn't in the trailer is that they want to keep us guessing about whether he's going to be there, rather than being because he has perished. They can't take Chalky away from us!

jandymaccomesback Sat 18-Aug-12 10:02:38

I didn't enjoy the last series much so I hope this isn't a move too far. Certainly a far-fetched storyline. Was Grantley in the trailer?

Msarsebiscuit Sat 18-Aug-12 10:57:37

I didn't see Grantley in the trailer, which is a shame because the single best moment of Waterloo Road was the time he danced in the classroom.

HaitchJay Sat 18-Aug-12 11:15:33

Doesn't he chase someone for graffittujng a car?

Oh no I already watch Doctors, am dipping in and out of CBB, I don't know whether I should indulge in more crap TV. <dithers>

Msarsebiscuit Sat 18-Aug-12 11:20:17

Haitchjay, that's entirely possible, I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to it , just didn't notice him and felt a bit sad because he's my favourite.

KatoPotato Sat 18-Aug-12 11:24:47

It's the crappest and best! Probably will never top Denise Welch putting out a petrol bomb fire with a water extinguisher then heading to the pub with the head... 'mazing!

HaitchJay Sat 18-Aug-12 13:48:52

<forces sparkling in front on the tv>

scrappydappydoo Sat 18-Aug-12 13:57:05

I love WR - its so bad. I like playing spot the 'ishooo' of the episode.
I get completely confused as to when in the school year they are - it always seems to be either 1st day back or end of summer term with exams and proms and stuff and it never seems to rain or snow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now