Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - who's getting excited?

(963 Posts)
CeliaFate Tue 14-Aug-12 21:01:56

Just read that Katya Virshilas isn't returning to the show, a new dancer Karen Hauer is taking her place.

Who will be in this year's line up?

Did anyone else hear on Radio 2 this morning that Paul Hollywood has signed up!

FrankelSaysRelax Fri 24-Aug-12 11:00:22

letseatgrandma, my teacher was at a dance teacher conference a few weeks ago where Matthew Cutler was giving one of the lectures/demonstrations. She said "I spent a whole hour just staring at his backside" grin

Icelollycraving Sat 25-Aug-12 12:55:44

Oooh! The Silver Fox,fantastic!! Can't wait to see what the male judges make of him I know what I'd like to

AmIthatbad Sat 25-Aug-12 17:41:08

I heard him on Chris Evans more or less giving it away that he would be on. I don't know who he is so had to google - he looks as if he might be quite dashing in tails. grin

I wish they would go back to the proper training videos though. I didn't like how last year they turned them into silly comedy skits, with hardly any training.

I hope the divine Pasha gets a decent partner again, as I would be gutted if he was binned in the first couple of weeks.

awaynboilyurheid Sat 25-Aug-12 22:17:25

Also love strictly but dislike the comedy skits part of last year can never understand why they don't have other professional dances instead of the pointless "comedy" and another Brucie basher here, really Bruce it is time to go ,but so glad Flavia is back have met both her and Vincent , oh bit concerned because I want to be her Luff her so much.

MinnieBar Sat 25-Aug-12 22:40:03

<squee>

knottyhair Tue 28-Aug-12 06:38:53

Rumours in the press this morning have added Kimberley Walsh (Girls Aloud), Nicky Byrne (Westlife) can you dance with a bar stool attached to your arse? and Sid Owen (ex-Eastenders). All together now... RICKAAAAAAAAAY!

Yes bring back Matt!

MinnieBar Tue 28-Aug-12 17:58:45

Kimberley Walsh? Tsk. So we can expect a whole spiel along the lines of 'Oh no, I've not really done much dancing at all, I just stood at the back and tripped over my feet all the time' and then she'll be really good…

LetUsPrey Tue 28-Aug-12 18:01:19

How many are they starting off with this year?

Isn't there normally an ex-footballer in there too?

knottyhair Sat 01-Sep-12 06:09:13

Apparently Johnny Ball is now doing it and will be the oldest contestant ever. Does that mean Zoe won't do ITT??

Poor Zoe....Dad dancing at it's most public!

Animation Sat 01-Sep-12 11:36:09

September means Strictly time - I'm excited! Wonder when the list comes out. Kimberley will be very good I'm sure.

OodHousekeeping Sat 01-Sep-12 20:13:47

Did you see the new trailer?

Animation Sat 01-Sep-12 21:32:43

Ooh lovely just seen it - dancing with Darcy to Lets Dance.

OodHousekeeping Sat 01-Sep-12 21:42:51

Felt it was Darcy proving her credentials.

Animation Sat 01-Sep-12 21:56:24

Yes I think she has!!

So she's definately the new judge then. Arlene's not coming back then.

Sorry to disappoint fans of the Silver Fox but a friend was at a charity do today where he announced that he was NOT doing SCD
this year ......so do not despair!! grin

Loved the trailer and regardless of whether Darcey is a ballroom dancer or not, she has GOT to be far superior to Alesha 'you was brilliant' Dixon. Karen Hardy would have been my choice, but beeb obv think they know better...grin
Sad about claudia, LOVED her on ITT.

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 04-Sep-12 21:03:37

Anyone care to share their favourite videos from Strictly?

This is my favourite dance on the show (You'll need to skip to 2:44 to actually get to the start of the dance!)

My favourite Pro guest dance

And for good measure, though not from Strictly, my dance teacher raves about Christopher Hawkins, she sent me a link to him dancing a basic waltz at a dance teachers conference and it mesmerises me every time. Just so, so beautiful

tribpot Tue 04-Sep-12 21:11:34

Would have posted the same video as you, Frankel. Karen and Mark's AT has never been beaten for me.

MinnieBar Tue 04-Sep-12 22:02:58

Another vote for that Argentine tango here - after I converted DH to the wonders of Strictly he used to watch that one regularly on YouTube. I totally respect Craig as a judge but how he didn't give it 10 I don't know…

Also love love love Harry and Aliona's quickstep from last year (on phone so can't link). Just sublime.

tribpot Tue 04-Sep-12 22:09:04

Harry and Aliona's Quickstep - the musicality, daaahhhhling.

MinnieBar Wed 05-Sep-12 07:02:43

<mwah> to Trib!

I have just got the e-mail to say that the lottery for SCD tickets is open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now