Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - who's getting excited?

(963 Posts)
CeliaFate Tue 14-Aug-12 21:01:56

Just read that Katya Virshilas isn't returning to the show, a new dancer Karen Hauer is taking her place.

Who will be in this year's line up?

AmIthatbad Fri 17-Aug-12 21:53:51

Sorry hmm, I watch SCD despite Forsyth. I cringe all through his "look at me" stuff and his supposed dancing, once likened to someone stamping on ants.

I'll bash away, thanks very much

Nancy66 Fri 17-Aug-12 23:04:35

Darcy was awful last time. I can't see how she'll be any better.

And no Blackpool this year either!

Agree with most of comments on here. Love SCD, love Claudia, love Karen Hardy, not keen on Bruce, Tess is vacuous, ambivalent about Darcey (but vast improvement on Alesha). But still cant wait for it to start!

MrsKitty Fri 17-Aug-12 23:12:48

Was just saying to DH the other day how glad I am that it's nearly September, he thought it was because of school starting up again - got a hmm then grin face when I told him it was because September = Strictly!

I have almost converted him in to a fan...

Hanleyhigh Fri 17-Aug-12 23:13:55

I always watch it a bit later so I can whizz through Bruce's bits - he's an embarrassment and I can't believe he keeps doing it. Not keen on Tess either.

I agree that Darcey is a bit meh but has to be better than Alesha surely...

thenightsky Fri 17-Aug-12 23:17:47

Darcy better than Alesha for sure. DH just mentioned that Alesha doesn't seem to be on panel for other side either. Wonder what happened there then confused

Nancy66 Sat 18-Aug-12 12:09:04

Alesha really found her stride in her second series though.

Darcy was good when she stood in though, her criticisms were always constructive & although her genre is different she will appreciate the training input & hard work.

FrankelSaysRelax Sat 18-Aug-12 18:24:46

Alesha did Britain's Got Talent didn't she? I didn't think she was signed up fir X-Factor.

I like Alesha a lot, she comes across as the kind of person you'd have a great night out with, and she's a good dancer. But she was a useless judge.

Nancy66 Sun 19-Aug-12 12:15:16

Yes Alesha is BGT not X Factor

thenightsky Sun 19-Aug-12 20:21:59

Aleisha was never a good choice for judge on Strictly (my opinion).

She is better suited to BGT.

thebestisyettocome Sun 19-Aug-12 20:27:37

Tess gets on my tits. Nobody in the North says 'cupples' hmm in that put on way she does.

LetUsPrey Sun 19-Aug-12 20:32:39

Ooh a Strictly thread! Lovely grin.

I think Michael Vaughn has confirmed. I've also seen rumours re Fern Britton and Charlie Brooks (I think - Janine in Eastenders). No Corrie stars if the gossip is to be believed. As others have said, seen Ronnie O'Sullivan's name mentioned too, together with Beth Tweddle, Victoria Pendleton and Mark Hunter (rower), Chris Evans and Jerry Hall.

Quite looking forward to Darcey Bussell. Just think, they could have asked Jennifer Grey instead.

LetUsPrey Sun 19-Aug-12 20:34:45

And Nicky from Westlife.

They'd have to change some of the audience chairs to bar stools for the other Westlifers though.

thenightsky Sun 19-Aug-12 20:35:20

Jennifer Gray was dire as a guest judge last season. Please let's not have her back!

HaitchJay Sun 19-Aug-12 20:42:18

JG was awful!

MrsJamin Sun 19-Aug-12 20:43:04

I wish tess would go- replace her with claudia! Zoe wasn't bad on ITT, to be fair. I would dearly love to be in the audience this year so have signed up for emails about audience tickets- thanks for the tip whoever it was up the thread! I generally record SCD and then skip through Bruce's jokes.

AmIthatbad Sun 19-Aug-12 21:26:15

MARK HUNTER!!!! Oh, please, please let that one be true. I love him.

Him and Pasha = very happy me this Autumn grin

AmIthatbad Sun 19-Aug-12 21:26:58

oh and no to Jennifer Grey. She was really not good

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 19-Aug-12 21:29:58

I think Prey can guess who I'd like to see on Strictly this year, but he's far too busy/A-list for the show sad wink

LetUsPrey Sun 19-Aug-12 21:30:40

I think the Mark Hunter thing (and probably one or five of the others) have been the "would you consider doing a reality show" "yes, I think so, I've been approached by a few including Strictly" or "yes, I'd quite like to have a go at Strictly".

Mind you, I saw it on the internet, so it must be true! grin

LetUsPrey Sun 19-Aug-12 21:33:02

Frankel - I was only thinking about him and SCD earlier today. smile and other things

Way too busy/A-list!

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 19-Aug-12 21:39:31

How good would he look in tails???? [drifts off into happy day dream]

LetUsPrey Sun 19-Aug-12 21:51:32

Very good!

Just a thought - what about Ian Thorpe? Downside being they'd bang on about his size 17 feet or whatever size they are.

TheDoctrineOfEnnis Wed 22-Aug-12 17:01:05

Darcey did that dancing from the movies thing a while back so I think she has learnt about other forms of dance and also doing it "from scratch " (albeit a pretty high scratch!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now