Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Who'd like to join me in a Mathew Baynton appreciation society?

(63 Posts)
EdithWeston Sun 18-Sep-11 20:27:23

As there are, seemingly, several of us who think alike!

Does anyone have any links to him performing in that band?

Euphemia Sun 18-Sep-11 20:52:29

I don't fancy him, but there is no doubting his talent. He's a very gifted comic actor.

Kniternator Sun 18-Sep-11 22:21:55

I'll join you, he is lush. I especially love him as Dick Turpin. Yum.

scaevola Mon 19-Sep-11 10:10:59
MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Mon 19-Sep-11 10:28:13

Oh yes. That'll be me then. I was bereft when he took down his twitter account stalker? moi?

Also love him in those couple of bits of Gavin and Stacey. phwoarr.

[groin]

scaevola Mon 19-Sep-11 10:34:13

Someone posted on the current HH thread in chat that he's married with a baby. It must be a very new baby, because when interviewed on the Beeb as series 3 was starting (so May/June 11) he said he didn't have children. I suppose he must like his privacy, as there isn't much information published about him. But does anyone (authoritatively) know eg marital status?

meditrina Tue 20-Sep-11 19:54:03

Meditrina, they did a behind the scenes at HH and we got to see the guys 'rehersing' and chatting about their favourite numbers. All very much tongue in cheek.

meditrina Tue 20-Sep-11 20:09:39

Do you mean the green headband one? Rehearsing what? (Mind boggles!)

Collision Tue 20-Sep-11 22:02:57

marking my place here

LordOfTheFlies Tue 20-Sep-11 22:58:20

You can keep your Mathew B as long as you leave the orange shorts one for me (He did the O2 advert - Thinking of You )

meditrina Tue 20-Sep-11 23:06:47

Ranty - that link is FANTASTIC. But he really is very, very skinny!

LOTF: the faun (or whatever he was in the ad) is also in that link - in purple headband, orange shorts and electric blue tights. Are you sure about this?

LordOfTheFlies Tue 20-Sep-11 23:11:57

His dress sense (in that clip) is a bit ,erm, dubious.
But you know the George 6th song:
^Loved more women than I've had pies,but,
I couldn't stand my wife^

He has got the loveliest blue eyes and is really cute.

He is a streak of nothing isn't he grin

Was perusing You Tube and it is amazing how many fan vids there are of him, popular man.

He's so popular on here! What about an online chat with him??

LOTF, I am assuming you mean George iv smile

pinkhyena Wed 21-Sep-11 08:13:20

Marking my place for later smile

pinkhyena Wed 21-Sep-11 15:50:19

Jim Howick is the O2 ad guy. Bizarrely I find him more attractive in that ad, maybe I have a thing for hairy legs?

Not sure if Mat B is really into his privacy or he's just not well known enough for there to be loads of stuff about him? Could be a bit of both I suppose. He is/was in a band called Special Benny who have some nice chill out style tuuunes. Off to watch the Dick Turpin vid its been at least 6 hours since I saw it last.

JaceyBee Wed 21-Sep-11 16:04:15

I have a thing for pretty much all the HH guys, probably Ben is my fave though. Mathew is fantastic too but Jim is the real talent, he won a bafta for best performer. Well deserved.

Am slightly obsessive about HH as are the dcs. We listen to the songs every day.

Euphemia Wed 21-Sep-11 17:33:54

Get your filthy hands off Ben. angry

meditrina Wed 21-Sep-11 22:06:59
JaceyBee Thu 22-Sep-11 11:17:40

"Get your filthy hands off Ben."

Haha! It's cool, I don't mind sharing if you don't! wink

Voidka Thu 22-Sep-11 17:08:16

God I would, I love Mat.
Love all the songs, especially the Georges song and as Dick Turpin he is especially lush.

Voidka Thu 22-Sep-11 17:10:04

Jim does have a great voice - and I really like him as Richard III and the Shouty Man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now