Mr Tumble locations

(19 Posts)
vanillacinamon Thu 14-Apr-11 14:21:53

Strange question and I bet this gets no replies but thought I would try anyway
Does anyone watch Mr Tumble and knows of the location (or even rough location - eg "Dorset Coast" if not a more specific address) of the large "manor house" type building and grounds with a view to the sea from the back garden which the beginning and end of a large number of the Mr Tumble programmes is set in?

I am not talking about the "out on location" parts of the programme, but the house and gorgeous gardens which appears to be the base location for one of the series which was aired last summer (summer 2010). Dont know which series it was.
Maybe this is a bit too vague.
Just wondered whether anyone knew, have tried googling the Mr Tumble website and Makaton website but no luck, only locations for the "out on location" parts of the programme (eg X garden centre or Y vets etc)

thanks

pollywollywoowah Thu 14-Apr-11 20:31:23

I think Justin said when he was on here for a webchat thing that it was filmed in Devon.

That's all I have to offer!

beachholiday Thu 14-Apr-11 20:38:00

There is a new Mr Tumble dvd out (the third one) on amazon etc just now, so possibly that has info or more clues for you. Tis a nice house Mr Tumble lives in alright. Despite all the spots...

BluddyMoFo Thu 14-Apr-11 20:39:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Meglet Thu 14-Apr-11 20:43:44

I've wondered where that house is. It looks gorgeous.

The episode where Justin is on a fishing boat was shot in Weymouth though.

ChablisLover Thu 14-Apr-11 21:06:27

Hi

Some of the out and about episodes are filmed in northern Ireland.

shinyshoes Thu 14-Apr-11 21:10:33

The house is in Portlock, Somerset but that's all I know

Concordia Thu 14-Apr-11 21:11:56

i want to live there, i love the house, and the gardens going down to the sea.

Meglet Thu 14-Apr-11 21:26:38

is it this place?

It's close to the beach and IIRC looks a bit like the one on SS.

shinyshoes Thu 14-Apr-11 23:55:57

bloody hell. If that is it , it's bloody expensive shock

Monadami Fri 15-Apr-11 01:18:09

I've also been wondering about filming locations. The house which looks onto the Sea looks lovely, whoever owns it is very lucky.

pinkthechaffinch Fri 15-Apr-11 15:06:36

I'm in Dorset and a couple of the seaside episodes are definitely filmed around Weymouth.

my mum worked with a couple of kids featured in a boat trip <proud>

MadMargaret Wed 22-May-13 10:00:57

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd answer it anyway. The property is the Old Rectory, East Portlemouth, Salcombe, Devon. It used to be for hire, but not any longer. I suspect it was bought. The Cleeve mentioned above is a remarkable coincidence as I am staying there in November!

AnnaBelleCake Mon 21-Oct-13 18:01:45

I know this is a really old post but found it cause I was googling "where does mr Tumble live" - I checked out The Old Rectory on Zoopla and discovered it was sold on in 2006 for £4,800,000. It's such a lovely house! Very jealous of Mr Tumble!

decaffwithcream Mon 21-Oct-13 21:05:43

Had no idea he was so well off. I suppose he has all the royalties from Cliff Tumble's endless Christmas no 1s to fund his mortgage.

Wendles14 Wed 06-May-15 08:25:36

I know this is a old post now but a friend was curious about filming location. They have shot on the Isle of Wight.

SophS90 Mon 07-Sep-15 14:55:55

Most of it is filmed in Porlock weir we went couple weeks back.. its stunning x

Lucylex Wed 27-Jul-16 14:21:04

Not sure if this has been answered as it was posted long ago but just thought I'd answer your question. The big country house is in Porlock, the house is Porlock Vale house and it's stunning. I stayed there last summer with 34 other family members for a golden wedding anniversary for my in laws. My mother in law recognised it while watching Mr Tumble with my kids afterwards. Mr Tumble does a lot of the filming on the bedroom she had. The location is beautiful. I'm sure they have lots of fun filming there.

flyagarik Thu 12-Jan-17 14:02:38

Joining this thread a bit late, but if anyone wants to stay in Tumble-land, Helpful Holidays rent out Porlock Vale House in Devon for holidays. www.helpfulholidays.co.uk/holiday-cottages/uk/somerset/exmoor/porlock/F30A/porlock-vale-house/#/gallery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now