Eastenders Baby Death Storyline

(1393 Posts)
deemented Tue 28-Dec-10 18:30:57

Once again, no one can live happily ever after sad

Ronnie's baby James, dies and she puts his body in Kat and Alfies son's crib, and steals their baby boy, Tommy.

Why oh why oh why do scriptwriters insist on portraying bereaved parents - mothers especially - as mad and deranged??? Maybe it's because they can't begin to imagine how awful the death of a child is, but really, whilst we are mad with grief, it is our own child that we want back, not someone else's stolen child. When are scriptwriters ever going to understand that?

Still, it'll be a riveting watch, no doubt.

Its a very bad storyline imo.

Im sorry for any mum losing a baby or a child or even an adult.

I remember watching a tv programme once and a lovely woman whod lost her daughter sat awake in the night and actually contemplated going and getting her body out of the cemetary just to hold her one last time.sad.

Dee sad.

nightmarebeforechristmas Tue 28-Dec-10 18:35:42

did you need to put a spoiler in the title??

do you know which day it is on (the death) so I can miss that one

chrimblycompo Tue 28-Dec-10 18:37:19

It's an awful storyline
why can't something happy happen for ronnie, or kat for that matter

deemented Tue 28-Dec-10 18:38:12

Oh, sorry nightmare - i assumed people would know as it's been all over the papers ect for the last few weeks.

AFAIK it's the NYE night programme, and into the following week.

whimsy Tue 28-Dec-10 18:39:22

Its on on New Years Eve and I for one shall be giving EE a wide berth for a couple of weeks

nightmarebeforechristmas Tue 28-Dec-10 18:39:41

will try to advoid it,
it is a shame, they did cot death on EE years ago and dealt with it well(as well as you can)
why can't they just let the characters be happy sometimes

beachholiday Tue 28-Dec-10 18:44:56

I think the storyline is meant to run for a year or two - ie we are supposed to believe Kath/Alfie/Jack wouldnt notice if their children were swapped. hmm and double hmm.

I stopped watching EE entirely when I heard about this. Of all the exploitative, milking-other-peoples-tragedies, unbeleivable piles of tosh ever offered up in a soap this is by far the worst.

Shame on the writers and producers. They are ruining whats left of what used to be a decent enough soap but they are also just exercising very very poor taste and bad judgement.

foxinsocks Tue 28-Dec-10 19:54:00

Oh no, please tell me it doesn't run that long. I'm not going to watch but want to find out that Kat realises quickly and gets her baby back!

I can't quite believe they're going ahead with this, I don't really watch EE but haven't gone out of my way to avoid it either - will do now though.

Digital Spy lets you read mini-synopses for a couple of weeks ahead and it doesn't look like it will be a quick thing, IYSWIM.

Ellielou02 Tue 28-Dec-10 20:04:31

I watched xmas day episode and decided then I am going to stop watching eastenders, it's so depressing anyway and I complained at the whole Danielle story line, couldnt believe they ran that, and can't believe they are away to run this story line.

TheMonster Tue 28-Dec-10 20:11:59

When there was a cot death in Hollyeaks a few years ago, I was pregnant and overly hormonal and I cried so much. I love EE and shall be watching, in tears no doubt.

Punkatheart Tue 28-Dec-10 21:20:19

Everyone shouts, burps, curses, screws around, cries, stamps, stabs, steals, stares, lies.....

I am not watching any more....not a great advert for human nature. Is there even one character that any of us could imagine being a friend?

Baby death and derangement? Good grief..enough, already.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I have heard about this and have stopped watching EE because of it.

It just seems to trivialise it somehow - to have to add the baby swapping component. Shameful.

CommanderDrool Tue 28-Dec-10 21:30:38

Eastenders is utter shit. A fucking pantomime.

PotPourri Tue 28-Dec-10 21:32:03

What prince roger and beach holiday said.

Sick

CommanderDrool Tue 28-Dec-10 21:32:10

And yes, why not have a sensible storyline, and deal with it sensitively.

CURLYMAMMA Tue 28-Dec-10 21:32:47

Agree, not gonna watch it either.

color Tue 28-Dec-10 21:37:49

same as majority - heard this was coming up and decided not to watch. Why do they have to be such horrible characters or such upsetting storylines all the time.

Lilyloo Tue 28-Dec-10 21:38:19

I agree EE has totally lost all respect or realism with this.

SparklyMartini Tue 28-Dec-10 21:41:34

Totally fucking stupid. I don't watch EE, but I keep hearing dribs and drabs about this -- hence clicking here -- and I am really astounded that this is the detail of the story. FFS.

Everyone guard your children from those rampaging bereaved parent baby-stealers hmm

bibbitybobbitysantahat Tue 28-Dec-10 21:45:30

What, and its taken you all this time to realise that EE is tosh?

Hope you are all writing to the BBC or the series producer to let them know why you are boycotting from now on.

I have just submitted my complaint.

anythingwithagiraffeonit Tue 28-Dec-10 22:13:20

It does seem completely ridiculous that someone wouldn't notice it wasn't thier baby!

My DD is 11 weeks old and this storyline is so upsetting to me, let alone someone who may have lost a DC..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now