ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Octonauts

(90 Posts)
AlphaSchmalpha Sat 27-Nov-10 16:29:28

Anyone else's dcs love this?

ds is hooked on it but I love it too - the drawing and colours are lovely and I adore all the different accents for the creatures - French crustaceans / remipedes; Scouse walruses, Geordie lobsters, Welsh starfish. Fabulous.

jsgirl Sat 27-Nov-10 18:44:20

DS2 loves this too. We use iPlayer via the Wii. The other day he watched the same episode about five times in a row. We've got a few saved on Sky+ too.

Agree about the colours and designs. Have to say, though, I've heard the episodes more than actually watching them!

globalmouse Sat 27-Nov-10 18:46:26

I ds likes it too. its just a bit different to everything else on cbeebies, in a good way!

nomorecake Sat 27-Nov-10 18:48:32

we (I) love it too

"Octonauts to your stations, Barnacles,Kwazii, Peso..."

To the GUP-A...

Concordia Sat 27-Nov-10 18:49:16

DS loves it. we have all been given octonauts names. he is captain barnacles, in charge.
we have to press the octo alert every time we go down the stairs (or he does)
every day he asks, have we missed it?

dinkystinky Sat 27-Nov-10 18:50:50

DS1 is OBSESSED with it - he told me he wanted an octonaut base for xmas, only issue is that nowhere sells octonaut toys yet. He's going to have to put up with the books instead I guess.

I like the animation and its been amazing how much he's remembered about marine life...

pozzled Sat 27-Nov-10 18:51:34

DD loves it. We see the episodes over and over on i-player. DH quite enjoys it as well but I tend to blank out the children's tv in order to focus on MN

Panzee Sat 27-Nov-10 18:52:46

The music reminds me of Numberjacks for some reason. Is it the same people, does anyone know?

Meglet Sat 27-Nov-10 18:53:41

We are fans in this house smile.

Cathpot Sat 27-Nov-10 18:57:00

Can anyone explain the turnips?

JetSetWilly Sat 27-Nov-10 19:02:17

Another fan here who also has to press octo-alert etc DS also wears his hat over his eye like kwasii's eye patch ! Shame they haven't got the toys out in time for Xmas that would have been ideal for DS

We watch it on iplayer when we are having a lazy morning in bed. the stories are a little far fetched <ignores the fact that the octonauts are actually animals in diving suits> but there are only so many underwater disaster scenarios you can have.

JuanManuelFanjo Sat 27-Nov-10 19:20:45

DS is also obsessed with this and plays endless octonaught inspired imaginary games. I like it too.

Mouseface Sat 27-Nov-10 19:20:47

At the risk of having my flameproof nightie tested, I'm not a fan, nor is DS.

Bit old for him maybe? He's 18m.

JuanManuelFanjo Sat 27-Nov-10 19:23:21

octonaut blush I don't use TV as a babysitter, honest guv!

RobynLou Sat 27-Nov-10 19:27:15

DD LOVES the octonauts, I quite like it too smile

no merchandise in time for xmas, but there are books - they were around before the tv show -

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-a lias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=octonauts&sprefix =octonauts

Ilythia Sat 27-Nov-10 19:30:24

DD's love it. I once got them united for once by calling him captain tentacles. They were Not Happy.

MayDayChild Sat 27-Nov-10 19:32:37

My DD loves it age 3 1/2
She calls it action naughts
She is now capable of choosing her own tv on iplayer using mouse! She always chooses this
Love the little boys pretending games lol, I've escaped this.

AlphaSchmalpha Sat 27-Nov-10 20:38:41

ah glad we have our own fan club here. ds tries very hard to make me be Peso or whoever but I invariably get it wrong and have to be told off by Captain Barnacles.

lol Bumperlicious at stories a bit far fetched - we're watching talking marine life and a crack squad akin to the SAS comprising a squid, a penguin, a dashund, a (Scottish) otter and a kitten all led by a polar bear. belief in the plots are not the consideration here! (can you tell we've been on the Octonauts website a lot recently!)

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 27-Nov-10 20:45:51

DS loves this too. He has called his cuddly penguin Peso, and we constantly have to pretend to be in the GUP-A setting off on adventures.

He had become a nightmare about nappy changes, but now it is 'Octonaut DS to the changing station' and off he trots! Genius grin

JetSetWilly Sat 27-Nov-10 21:13:38

I love this thread!!

We are doing exactly the same here getting told off for pressing the octo-alert incorrectly and I'm not allowed to be captain barnacles as I'm a girl! Wonder what it is that they love about it so much

Thanks for that link Robyn I'm def going to order some if those books

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blatherskite Sat 27-Nov-10 21:38:09

DS (3.5) is obsessed too.

There is a type of fish called a guppy which is where GUP-A, GUP-B etc come from

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blatherskite Sat 27-Nov-10 21:43:10

Maybe it's ironic that the only one that is missing is the GUP-E?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now