Momo's rainbow song from Show Me Show Me

(20 Posts)
Peekabooooo Sat 02-Feb-13 20:22:33

My 2yr old sings it repetitively. I have to start singing another song to get her to change. She is normally back to singing momo again though within 5 mins.

DD2410 Sat 02-Feb-13 18:33:12

Here's a link to the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s16FhuRk9oQ

I get too annoyed that indigo & violet swap round halfway through the song.

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Sat 02-Feb-13 16:54:57

Can someone link to the song, or episode it's in? Dp sings a rainbow song constantly but can't remember where it came from. Am wondering if its one and the same

RooneyMara Sat 02-Feb-13 16:52:55

Hugo monkey was better...

DD2410 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:46:30

Tippychoocks is referring to "If I was" by Midge Ure (Ultravox) from 1985

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfZxXvMm6a0
http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/midge-ure-lyrics/if-i-was-lyrics.html

And I do wonder if the MoMo writer and video producer were both well in with the Acid House scene in the 1990's........with the giant acid tab smilie the video is almost as unsubtle as the Shamen's Ebenezer Goode.....

BrightLightBrightLight Tue 28-Sep-10 22:03:30

i love the momo song grinblush

katkouta Tue 28-Sep-10 21:19:00

RED! ORANGE! YELLOW! GREEN! BLUE! INDIGO! VI-OL-ET!

Mine to OP. I now have it in my head for this evening. confused

lolbaby Mon 27-Sep-10 21:48:31

I know he sings them but i'm unsure if he writes them!
Wouldn't that be wonderful? So glad i'm not alone, although it doesn't make me cry, it makes me feel all happy inside grin

DirtyMartini Mon 27-Sep-10 21:35:34

Tippy grin I just read your post. I have NO idea what you mean.

DirtyMartini Mon 27-Sep-10 21:34:20

Oh god, the Tom song. It made me a bit weepy today blush

I think it is (a) really catchy, but also (b) a bit heartbreaking because it reminds me so much of how exuberant and innocent tiny kids are, and how transient that stage is <sob> <reading too much into it emoticon>

But then, I'm a huuuuge sucker for a good CBeebies tune. I also used to cry at the "Summer" song. And the "Autumn" song. OK, I was pregnant, but still.

I don't know if Chris Jarvis writes the Show Me Show Me music? It's all really good. If it is him (DP thinks it is b/c Jarvis is a "proper" musician, not just a presenter), then I am forced to revise my opinion from the earliest days of motherhood that he and Pui are tedious and creepy ... I stand totally corrected, he's a genius.

lolbaby Mon 27-Sep-10 19:58:28

I have a secret confession...
I love Tom's peek-a-book song, it's so catchy!

Tippychoocks Mon 27-Sep-10 13:27:02

I can sing it a creepy voice too - watching it now grin

The trouble is when you start to associate it with that "If I were....a something man....would other somethings....take me to somewhere?". It's a kind of electric pop song. Anyone else know the one I mean? Sounds just like the song.

oopsandbabycoconuts Mon 27-Sep-10 07:28:52

oh Yes I have perfected Momo's voice hmm I just couldn't remember Teddington's song .

DirtyMartini Sun 26-Sep-10 22:04:07

You sang the rainbow song? Did you do a robot voice?

oopsandbabycoconuts Sun 26-Sep-10 21:59:55

I had to sing it to DD in the car on the way home from Pizza express tonight to stop her bursting in histerical tears because she misses Show me, show me. She had only watched a recorded one this morning hmm

Will check out the website with DD1 who is 2 as she loves it.

bluebump Sun 26-Sep-10 21:50:11

Well my DS was entertained for ages on it, there is story time and all sorts on there. My DS is only 2 so it meant I had to keep pressing the buttons for him which is the only downside but watching him dancing was quite funny.

DirtyMartini Sun 26-Sep-10 21:48:34

Oh dear, there's a game on the website?

Cannot decide if I should show DS or not ...

bluebump Sun 26-Sep-10 21:35:50

Not by Momo but my DS had me playing the Groovy Moves Show Me Show Me game on the Cbeebies website for a good half an hour today, he was doing the 'freeze' and everything grin

DirtyMartini Sun 26-Sep-10 21:31:56

DS is practically hypnotized by this, gazing at it in rapture like a tiny little 90's club kid coming up on E. Which is also what the children in the video remind me of.

We've had it on several times today thanks to iPlayer, and it's going round in my head now. Just wondering if anyone else is afflicted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now