Birthday party ideas for 12-year-old

(10 Posts)
muffinmonster Sun 05-Apr-09 22:25:47

Well, she's obviously not a teenager yet but hopefully lots of you on this thread will have had 12-year-olds recently so will be able to help. My DD turns 12 soon and I'm not sure what to do for her birthday. The obvious thing is cinema/pizza with a small group of friends, but I'm wondering if anyone has some more exciting suggestions? Thanks.

islandofsodor Sun 05-Apr-09 22:26:23

Murder Mystery Dinner Party.

SuziSeis Sun 05-Apr-09 22:27:51

pamper thing - do hair and nails and old fashioned party tea?

kentmumtj Mon 06-Apr-09 10:48:34

ice skating great fun then pizza or if shes sporty a rock climbing wall

or a sleepover if she hasnt had one already which im sure she has

bowling

sdr Tue 07-Apr-09 08:52:41

Take her friends shopping - split them into teams, give them some money (found £10 was plenty) and give them a list to buy. eg strangest colour nail polish, smallest pen, cheapest lipgloss, most colourful socks. Then meet up for a meal and work out the winner. The teams get to divide their purchases between them. Did this for one of my DD's and they had a great time and kept them amused for over an hour.

foofi Tue 14-Apr-09 08:44:39

DD had a disco for her 12th birthday. Very simple to organise - book a local hall and a DJ. They weren't interested in food at all - more bothered about the dressing up etc.

Tenpin bowling, or is that more of a boy thing?

LaineyW Thu 23-Apr-09 15:14:42

Has your party been and gone muffinmonster? Was wondering what you decided. One of our best was hiring a (very small) boat for my DD2's birthday and packing a picnic hamper. We were only out on the river for a couple of hours but they absolutely loved it - some of them had never been on a boat before, so it was really different and great fun. Not as expensive as village hall and DJ either...you do need a confident skipper though!

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 24-Apr-09 22:12:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cat64 Fri 24-Apr-09 22:39:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now