What do teenage boys wear on their feet in the summer?

(21 Posts)
wordgirl Wed 14-May-08 15:51:10

Ok, I know the answer is probably trainers. But what about when it's really hot or on holiday abroad for example? Is there such a thing as cool sandals for a 14-year-old boy?

Hassled Wed 14-May-08 15:55:24

There are a lot of studenty type grungy teenagers around here and they, without exception, wear manky flip flops. My own DS1 (20) wears trainers regardless of weather conditions - be they blizzards or baking sun.

FrannyandZooey Wed 14-May-08 15:56:32

flip flops, or smart ones might have birkies

wordgirl Wed 14-May-08 15:56:51

Hmm manky flip flops or sweaty trainers. Not sure which is worse!

WendyWeber Wed 14-May-08 15:59:45

DS2 wore some lovely Nike flipflops (£15 at Manc airport) in Spain last summer, when he was 14 - he managed to lose them within a week hmm but was happy to wear them. He's also lost a nice Quiksilver pair - totally unworn hmm - they were only £5, from Next catalogue iirc.

Have a look in places like JJB or JD Sports too. If you buy some, have them surgically attached to his ankles grin

WendyWeber Wed 14-May-08 16:03:19

Next men's sandals

and boys' in case his feet aren't that big yet grin

PenelopePitstops Wed 14-May-08 16:04:43

flip flops, from places like reef, animal, roxy, quicksilver etc

wordgirl Wed 14-May-08 16:05:33

Fab. Have mentioned flip flops to him (thinking he would poo poo the idea) and he is agreeable. Have shown him some Quicksilver ones from Next (possibly the same as your DS's lost ones WW) and he likes them. Phew - that really wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

noddyholder Wed 14-May-08 16:16:52

My ds won't wear anything but his skate shoes or he ahs some of those trendy plimsoll things.But on holiday he wears crocs shock or espadrilles both of which he calls 'gay' at home hmm

superjo Wed 14-May-08 23:54:32

my 3 teenage boys all wear either thongs (i'm an aussie), vans or dunlop volleys.

shouldbeworking Thu 15-May-08 00:01:44

what ever they wear, if they are anything like my ds's, you can guarantee they will stink smile. His skate shoes are currently "airing" with the help of some "oust", outside the backdoor!!!

nappyaddict Thu 15-May-08 06:02:41

flip flops or converse round here.

nappyaddict Thu 15-May-08 06:02:59

oh and dunlops.

heronsfly Thu 15-May-08 07:06:19

Ted Baker flip flops around here,but the price of them is enough to make me want to go and lie down grin

noddyholder Thu 15-May-08 13:25:50

my ds had 4 boys to stay over last sat night for his birthday and the smell of feet was shocking

lazymumofteenagesons Thu 15-May-08 15:41:24

quiksilver flipflops, vans or converse plimsoll things. On holiday Nike sandals.

Buy trainer socks so that canvass shoes don't smell too much.

Birkies in our house and Crocs

Threadwworm Wed 21-May-08 19:49:32

Verruccas and sweat.

daughterofthem Sat 21-Jun-08 20:27:25

you should buy them some plimsoles as they are really in this season, i love wearing them they come in different shades and types (more formaly known as sandshoes)
they dont go over £10 either !

if any of you mums want any questions answered my mum is making me do this as a punishment !blush
so im all ears !
Jodi x

My son lives in (ridiculously expensive) flipflops or Converse.

random Thu 03-Jul-08 12:38:56

Converse here as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now