Long very slim teenage boys - where do you get their clothes?

(17 Posts)
teddygirlonce Sun 30-Oct-16 10:41:08

DNephew is nearly 13 but already well over 170 cm. However, because he's very, very slim, buying trousers is proving a particular challenge.

Which brands are good for super slimline boys (and indeed girls)?

I'm thinking Zara and Uniqlo - anyone else got any reasonably priced suggestions (he's still growing so not keen to spend serious money on clothes for him at this stage)?

Thanks

GetMeOut Sun 30-Oct-16 12:05:15

Primark but Adult section - they do xs and small for men's and size 6 - 8 in Women's for tall, thin Teenage girls. Also worth a scout round T K Maxx as well for small and xs sizes ....

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 30-Oct-16 17:13:00

H&M are usually very slim fitting, otherwise Next and agree Primark as above. A lot of slim teen boys wear girls jeans from Primark.

poisonedbypen Sun 30-Oct-16 17:16:52

Yup, Primark skinny or super skinny jeans - 28 waist & various lengths.

oldbirdy Sun 30-Oct-16 17:19:07

H and M mens skinny fit. The only trousers that actually fit my Ds (5ft 8, 8 stone)

eyebrowsonfleek Sun 30-Oct-16 17:20:43

Ds wears Next 26 inch waist skinnies. (about £22?)

BadToTheBone Sun 30-Oct-16 17:23:50

Primark are great as you can get a selection of waist v length combinations.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Mon 31-Oct-16 07:32:35

Uniqlo slim fit chinos were a godsend at that age - some styles have 28" waist and 34" leg

Unfortunately ds is now 6'5" and still stick insect thin so high street shops are no good any more - I have found a good website which does clothes for tall, skinny boys/men (2tall.com) we're trying a couple of pairs of slim fit chinos from there and hoping they're good quality

LadyPenelope68 Mon 31-Oct-16 07:37:55

Definitely Next and Primark, plus Top Man are very slim fitting as well.

teddygirlonce Wed 02-Nov-16 17:55:27

Thanks for all your suggestions.

stallard Thu 03-Nov-16 12:37:07

Hiyaaa hun, i heard that asda do some lovely trousers for tall young boys although the only problem is he will probably be brutally beaten up at school for being a poor wet wipe smile wine

JustDanceAddict Fri 04-Nov-16 15:11:29

DS is vvvvv skinny, but only age 12 and about 160cm. I've bought a couple of t-shirts from H&M and top man in xs and they're ok on him. He'd be far too short for men's trousers now but when he gets his growth spurt I'll be looking at shops that do v slim fit trousers. We joke that skinny jeans are baggy on him.

nooka Sat 05-Nov-16 23:57:46

My ds has an unusual solution to this issue. He wears pj bottoms and trackies under suit trousers as he doesn't like looking thin (plus apparently it's very cozy). Adds and extra inch or two I guess! I've actually found it much easier since he's been in adult sizes as they come with waist and length fittings. It was much harder when he was a little boy.

CheshireEditor Wed 09-Nov-16 21:34:58

Gap men's 30" waist is smallest, but they also do the length you need. And Jack Wills do the same, my DS 14 and 5 11 and they fit him well, a belt is needed sometimes.

ashleysummer87 Fri 11-Nov-16 12:33:15

My son is 12. I still can find a suitable size for her on shopcatimini.com/ . Every time I visit their online store just to browse, I end up with buying something cute for my boysmile

imnervous Sun 13-Nov-16 10:28:12

DS is same height but not slim ( not fat but solid!) and he likes New Look men's skinny jeans. Can often be found on the sale rack for £10-15

starrynight19 Sun 13-Nov-16 10:30:20

Ds likes topman or river Island for slim fit / skinny trousers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now