Why are 12/13 year old girls so nasty to each other?

(4 Posts)
Emochild Wed 26-Oct-16 22:34:07

I am so sick of...

She said this
I'm not talking to her until she apologises
She's turned everyone against me -my life is over
We are talking again

And repeat....

The way they speak to each other is horrible too

I'm sure we weren't this bad at the same age -or was it that we just didn't have social media so we could get away from each other?

IminaPickle Wed 26-Oct-16 22:36:59

I think that social media they never have a break from it and yes, it's worse now. But even now not all girls and not all groups are like that. Does she have friends and interests outside school? At the very least it's dilute it.

Emochild Wed 26-Oct-16 22:42:28

She's recently joined a sports club but isn't at the stage where she can meet up with the other girls yet

Half term making it worse because they all seem to hang out all together or not at all so if you fall out with one of the group then none of the others will break ranks and hang out with you

I'm not naive enough to think dd is innocent but some of the things one of the others has been saying to her are awful -but the others are sticking with her and it's left dd feeling very isolated

BackforGood Fri 28-Oct-16 23:42:23

They aren't. Or at least the ones I know aren't.

I get really annoyed about thread titles like this - it's like assuming all men are bad because you've just got divorced, or all MiLs are automatically horrible, and so on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now