Sweaty teen

(5 Posts)
Lartma2 Tue 25-Oct-16 19:12:16

My son is very concerned that he sweats too much ( underarm) My opinion is that he sweats no more than is normal, but he has quite a complex about it and I'd like to help him as it is affecting his confidence. As a young child he was so outgoing and confident, but now he worries so much about how he appears to others. He takes comments made by his peers to heart even when they're not directed at him. He keeps himself clean, and he uses a soap free wash and antiperspirant but I don't know how to help otherwise as he rejects all my positive input due to the fact that I'm his mum and I'm saying these things because I love him! Any advice??

HereIAm20 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:54:22

I personally became very sweaty as a woman of a certain age and switched to Sure sticks (48 hour) and they are fab and now my teen son (sweaty 15) uses the following:

www.suredeodorant.co.uk/products/variant/911563/maximum-protection-extreme-fresh?type=Men_Type_Stick

May be worth a try.

misshelena Wed 26-Oct-16 17:22:34

Take him to a doctor and, if he sweats as a normal teen, the doctor will tell him so.

JudithH Thu 27-Oct-16 09:49:21

I had this with DS1 a few years ago. The issue wasn't the armpits but the "under-carriage". A period of talc and being very dry seemed to sort it out.

Lartma2 Thu 27-Oct-16 11:54:51

Thank you for your advice. I will try the recommended deodorants and a visit to the doctor to hear what I've been telling him would probably help! I appreciate all suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now