Mixed Sleepovers?!

(12 Posts)
thatblackpony Sat 17-Sep-16 17:27:27

My DD is soon turning 16 and I have said yes to her having a relatively large party with about 45 guests.

She has just however asked if she can have a sleepover with her close girlfriends staying over but also some of the boys with younger siblings/stricter parents.

What are your views on mixed sleepovers?

Edit: Her cousin (male) who lives a good 2 hour train journey away is bringing some friends down and they will also be joining the party then staying the night. Seeing as we will have boys staying over anyway would a few more make a difference?

There are no relationships within the group that she wants to stay over.

Meloncoley2 Sat 17-Sep-16 17:52:29

Personally, I like parties to have an end, so I know I will be able to go to sleep.....

Sparklingbrook Sat 17-Sep-16 18:09:37

How well do you know the boys? Do the male cousin and his friends know them already?

Coconutty Sat 17-Sep-16 18:11:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Willywolly Sat 17-Sep-16 19:48:47

It really wouldn't bother me. If the other parents are okay with it then so am I!

thatblackpony Sat 17-Sep-16 20:56:16

I know of her friends but haven't ever met them. However her other friends I have met and they all seem very respectable and sensible so surely these boys can't be any different? hmm

Haggisfish Sat 17-Sep-16 21:00:53

Wouldn't really bother me. I might have separate boy and girl rooms for sleeping or ask reliable ones to grass on others if needed! Or have a 'quiet space' away from necking couples.

ImYourMama Sat 17-Sep-16 21:05:43

My 16th ended up in 20 teenagers crashing on the living room floor, girls and boys, everyone behaved and it was a good laugh. Everyone shipped out pretty early in the morning too. Let them crack on OP, she'll remember it forever

kittykittykitty5 Sun 18-Sep-16 02:11:09

I don't agree with them, I would rather negotiate a later pick up time instead.

But I am not a huge fan of sleepovers anyway, not really sure why.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 18-Sep-16 15:09:11

My 16 yo ds has always had mixed sleepovers. No problems at all.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 18-Sep-16 15:12:43

Mine have always had mixed sleepovers. Just crashing in the sitting room.

JustDanceAddict Sun 18-Sep-16 16:17:14

I did from age 15 onwards (year 11). And there was snogging...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now