16th Birthday party help

(10 Posts)
bowbear Wed 14-Sep-16 17:39:27

My DD is having a small party at home this weekend. Gazebos in the garden, around 15/20 friends coming for party and some are sleeping over. We're going mexican theme with tacos, pinata but looking for some ideas for ice breakers/games. DD is very shy and it's a huge deal that she wants to have friends around so just trying to give her some ideas for when everyone arrives.

Hopefully it will just descend into fun teenage chaos but thought a few ideas up her sleeve might be good. There is a guest with a latex allergy so no balloons. They are a lovely geeky bunch so won't be drinking or smoking. Any suggestions gratefully received. x

motherinferior Wed 14-Sep-16 17:46:28

Noooo not games! A film or suchlike. Pizza.

NisekoWhistler Wed 14-Sep-16 18:02:20

Just see what happens.... Do 16 year olds like organised fun? I very much doubt it

bowbear Wed 14-Sep-16 20:20:11

No I'm not trying to organise games for them (will be keeping a very low profile!) DD has asked me for ideas!

anxious123 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:50:28

www.tesco.com/direct/party-gifts-flowers/pinatas/cat19280009.cat?source=others

Just an idea...

bowbear Wed 14-Sep-16 23:25:45

Thanks, Anxious. She has sorted a pinata so I'm sure that will break the ice smile

SpaceDinosaur Wed 14-Sep-16 23:40:38

Do you have a blender which can crush ice? Why not set up an outdoor "frozen cocktails" station (yes virgin!)
recipe ideas here
Print out and laminate recipes and let them at it!

Go deliberately "kitch" and pin the tail on the donkey (look in the Tesco party section)
Or, use the donkey and pin something else on it... Perhaps a hat... Moustache,
Many stick on moustaches and ponchos for fun!
Churros?

bowbear Thu 15-Sep-16 07:58:56

Thank you Space, cocktail idea sounds great! We've got the mexican hats at the ready so can add in some mustaches and ponchos smile

NicknameUsed Thu 15-Sep-16 08:05:25

I did a retro pass the parcel for DD's birthday. It went down really well.

Her birthday was in July so we had outdoor stuff - swingball, twister and other old ball games left over from childhood. They weren't organised, just there, and they got used. We did a barbecue as well. After that they settled down and watched films.

butterfly990 Tue 20-Sep-16 15:41:59

You could include a selfie station ie. get a picture frame and they then put on hats, moustache, glasses, poncho.

They could also do the makeup or feeding challenge where the person in front is fed or makeup applied and the person behind is blind folded and applying the makeup etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now