16th birthday party ideas please!

(13 Posts)
Chopstick17 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:40:58

My DD will be 16 in a couple of months. Her friends are planning parties for theirs but their parents allow alcohol. I'm not comfortable with doing this so if we do a party she and her mates may be disappointed that we won't supply or allow her friends to bring it. She is ok with our stance on alcohol but is trying to think of another plan. Help please, they seem so demanding these days!

Leeds2 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:08:41

How many friends does she "have" to invite? Thinking it might be a nice alternative for her and a friend to do a spa day, but would obviously not be a big celebration!

When DD was 16, we hired a limo which took them to a local theatre, and brought them back here after the show. They all stayed over, but there was no alcohol involved!

bigTillyMint Wed 07-Sep-16 18:10:03

I got my DD an afternoon tea with 3 friends - they loved it.

Her mates organised a surprise party wink

Waiting4cakes Wed 07-Sep-16 18:12:41

Could you take them somewhere instead. Out for a meal or the cinema or a spa day or something a little different.

Floralnomad Wed 07-Sep-16 18:12:56

Depending on where you are what about camel riding or llama walking - it's a bit different and no alcohol involved , I think you can find llama walking places all over the country , the camels are a bit more awkward to find .

S3pth0t Wed 07-Sep-16 23:19:53

Some stables offer a pony experience birthday day

A few friends groom and ride the ponies

or

Zoo experience day with meercats or birds of prey

Chopstick17 Thu 08-Sep-16 15:54:56

Thanks for your ideas. There are about 15 of them!!! I hate sleepovers as we don't have a huge house so everyone elses sleep and privacy is disrupted with large numbers. A spa day is a bit pricey imo, was thinking of that more for an 18th birthday. More ideas please!

Outedsochanged Thu 08-Sep-16 15:58:51

What about active stuff like Zorbing or high ropes.

skyyequake Thu 08-Sep-16 16:04:34

I think a zoo day would be great for such large numbers, would that be something your DD would be into? It kind of depends what your DD likes/would like to do... Have you asked her?

bigTillyMint Thu 08-Sep-16 16:55:32

DD and her mates went to Brighton for her 15th. Would a trip to a different place with stuff to do appeal?

Chopstick17 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:28:45

I like the idea of a day trip. They like shopping, make-up and taking selfies !!! Not sure they'd be into the active stuff, she didn't like paint balling for example. Thanks for your ideas.

kilmuir Wed 14-Sep-16 22:01:06

My DD had a party for her 16th. Invited 40, have a biggish garden and summer house. 60 plus turned up. Much alcohol was sneaked in.
Was actually ok. They were nearly all asleep by midnight

cdtaylornats Wed 14-Sep-16 22:16:46

Is there an escape room near you escaperoomsscotland.com/

One of those then McDonalds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now