15 year old boy curfew?

(10 Posts)
Hellsbells50 Thu 01-Sep-16 21:12:54

My son wants to hang out with his friends in the park. I want him home when it gets dark. He wants to stay out later. I let him go to specific things in the evening such as youth club and I let him go to town to see a band and come home at 11.30 so I am meeting him halfway, just dont want him hanging around with lads after dark. Any thoughts?

BackforGood Thu 01-Sep-16 21:32:57

I totally agree with you. It's not about the time, but the 'hanging round after dark'. We have the same rules.

bearofnothingness Thu 01-Sep-16 21:33:51

when it gets dark? that's 8 pm here

laviniajiggly Sun 04-Sep-16 17:23:26

My son kept pushing to do the same - I said no, he did it anyway and I am now sitting outside the ICU where he has spent a night and day unconscious after getting so drunk "hanging out in the park" that he collapsed. Definitely one to hold a firm line on

Claramarion Sun 04-Sep-16 19:29:59

I think ten is reasonable for a fifteen year old unless a specific activities, depending on trust and previous behaviour.

16augustholiday Mon 05-Sep-16 23:17:03

Wow lavinia, how is he doing?

I tend to go on about 10pm curfew in the summer unless doing anything specific such as cinema. I am not sure about winter, I don't like them being out in the dark but 5pm is pushing it!!

laviniajiggly Tue 06-Sep-16 18:38:51

He's back home today, but it is now painfully clear that hanging out in the park means getting hold of cheap vodka and drinking it neat to get obliterated. The hospital told me this now is very common amongst young teens and they see a lot of it. I would insist on a curfew, and for my own DS I'll be allowing him out for specific activities/friends houses only, and insisting on collecting him.

16augustholiday Tue 06-Sep-16 20:21:23

Glad he's back home, that must have been very scary for you, and hopefully for him too. I do know a teen who was in the park drinking vodka, had an asthma attack and her friends left her there. Thankfully she was ok but it was a warning to all.
Good Luck to you.

Hellsbells50 Tue 06-Sep-16 20:55:25

Pleased your DS ok now. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for all other comments too. Very helpful to hear other views.
I think it's ok to let him go to/from specific places or activities but not to just hang out after dark.

BalthazarImpresario Wed 07-Sep-16 13:49:53

D's is 15 in Han and he's been on a restricted curfew of 8-830 (depending on where he is) as he kept coming in late, I'm now going to keep it at that as we go into winter unless for something specific (birthdays/cinema etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now