Smart tv in bedroom

(6 Posts)
buddup Sun 14-Aug-16 10:58:55

AIBU not letting my 14 year old son get a smart tv, as opposed to a normal to in his bedroom? He has internet access on his phone and he has a gaming room down stairs. I take his phone off him at 9pm so I know he's sleeping and not on YouTube all night (he has a history of doing this).
Am I being too controlling?

JustAnotherPoster00 Sun 14-Aug-16 11:10:48

Personally OP id tell him you have no objections to him having a smart TV in his room but you're only going to pay for a normal TV (that way you wont get the 'you hate me bit' smile lol), if he wants to come up with the difference then that's up to him

bigTillyMint Mon 15-Aug-16 12:02:37

He doesn't need one - a HDMI cable/some other cable will link a normale TV to othe gadgets like phones wink

seventhgonickname Thu 18-Aug-16 19:38:13

Why does he need any TV in his bedroom?

Dollyparton3 Mon 22-Aug-16 18:29:27

A smart TV would allow him to watch YouTube all night so I wouldn't risk it.

Geronimooooo Mon 22-Aug-16 21:05:24

What u should do is get him a normal tv but then also a Now TV Box which makes any tv smart. U don't need to get one with a movie pass. At night just disconnect it so he wont watch youtube. Now Tv is also much faster and has regular software updates (unlike smart tvs). They are also really cheap and wont break the bank if it gets broken. Hope this helped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now