Sandals?

(15 Posts)
wanderings Wed 03-Aug-16 21:14:49

Just curious: in the (fleeting) warm weather, when they're out of uniform, do your teens (male or female) ever wear sandals when out and about? I see lots of teenagers and they're nearly all in trainers, even when it has been sweltering.

t875 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:32:24

My youngest dd( 12) would wear trainers all the time I g her into the direction on and off with her Sandals. Eldest is a bit difference she is wearing sandals a lot more but she's not really trainer girl smile

Purple80 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:58:31

My daughter wear trainers doesn't like sandals

AlpacaLypse Thu 04-Aug-16 00:07:54

They're mostly living in very grubby down-at-heel Converses. Or completely bare feet.

Slightly older dtd has decorated her toe nails and wants to show them off. Slightly younger dtd has a bit of a 'thing' about feet and toes and absolutely refuses to let anyone see them!

leccybill Thu 04-Aug-16 00:11:20

Bit of a thing for slight heeled jelly sandals round these parts.

UnikittyInHerBusinessSuit Thu 04-Aug-16 00:11:51

I persuaded DD into Croc sandals which she resisted desperately and then reluctantly admitted were enormously comfortable and had a slightly exciting wedge heel (you can't tell they're Crocs). She refuses to wear Converse.

RockinHippy Thu 04-Aug-16 00:18:48

Mine also eventually gave into a different style of Crocs sandals, these are flat & strappy & semi see through - she loves them for both style & comfort & my DD is as fussy as they come with clothes. Last year it was American Apparel heeled white jellies, which I see other teens wearing, but shes gone off them. She does have converse, but the high top leather ones, (the deck shoe version are popular around here)

tidyfairy Thu 04-Aug-16 00:21:13

No teens I know would be seen dead in sandals smile

marialuisa Thu 04-Aug-16 05:50:56

DD (15) has a variety of flat and heeled sandals. The most worn are a flat pair with toe-post and thin strap from Topshop.

wanderings Thu 04-Aug-16 09:25:07

Thinking about my own teen years in the 90's, I never wore sandals in summer - always trainers (without socks when it was warm), although sometimes I walked barefoot in London parks, to my parents' horror. Perhaps I had too many memories of having to wear socks and sandals in childhood. wink I might have liked Crocs if they had been around then!

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 04-Aug-16 10:03:22

I live in Scotland, it's never an issue smile My teen boys wear trainers.

On holiday (if we go abroad) it's flip flops or crocs - they prioritise comfort over style.

VagueButExcitlng Thu 04-Aug-16 21:03:29

My DD has these

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/schuh-heyday-black-sandals/1736157020/

She hasn't ever worn them at home in the lovely northern summer we've been having but she's happily wearing them on holiday in France this week.

leccybill Thu 04-Aug-16 21:05:45

I wouldn't be seen dead in those, sorry.

I know some teens who wear ghillies and even toe posts with pretty jewels on from River Island.

VagueButExcitlng Fri 05-Aug-16 06:26:45

Ha! No I should have said my DD has a certain look that isn't for everyone. I think "pretty jewels" would bring her out in a rash!

SparklesandBangs Fri 05-Aug-16 06:34:06

Neither of my teen DD wear sandals regularly, the each have a pair of flip flops and a pair of sandals which may come out on holiday for the beach/pool.

Their shoe of choice is converse or toms.

Had about 10 x 17/18yo in the house yesterday, there wasn't a sandal in the shoe heap by the door

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now