advice please 17 yo

(7 Posts)
Dancingqueen111 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:28:05

hi guys, not your usual post but i couldn't think of other ways to get some advice. I'm not a mum I'm a 17 year old girl. I'm stuck in a situation that doesn't seem right but I'm not sure if it's something worth fussing over. So for the past year or so I seem to be obsessed with how I look, I've been promising myself that I'm going to work out and go on extreme diets, not always followed through with his, occasionally I will do 3/5 day fasts in order to lose weight. I hate the way I look, I'm 5"7 and 128lb but all I see is fat and my imperfections, for the past few months I've been purging whenever I eat a regular sized meal because I feel guilty and fat for eating it and I binge and then purge like once every two weeks. I'm not an unhealthy eater I don't eat sweets etc my usual day plan is no breakfast as I don't eat in the morning, an apple or small salad for dinner maybe a packet of crisps for snack and then a regular meal of whatever my mum or dad make for tea which I later purge. I only drink water and green tea but I can't help what I'm doing and for some reason I don't want to. I've starting working out in my room, squats sit ups etc and I know what I'm doing doesn't seem right but I want to carry on until I'm skinny, I don't want to be going on my girls holidays with friends etc and look the way I do which others say i look fine. Is this worth fussing over? I don't want to talk to a gp Incase they laugh and send me away and my parents would probably just punish me for doing it. Sorry for the long postblush

Wolfiefan Fri 08-Jul-16 22:30:56

GP won't laugh. You have an eating disorder. I think you are eating very few calories (so not healthily) and purging is very very bad. Please seek help.
Can you confide in a friend? See GP.

Dancingqueen111 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:36:05

I do have 2 friends that I've been wanting to confide in about this but I just don't know how to tell them or when the right time would be, I trust them but I feel like anyone who knows about it would treat me differently or be discusted in me, or even not want to know me anymore

gamerchick Fri 08-Jul-16 22:38:17

You're not eating enough, you're still building bone which needs to see you through the rest of your life.

Please go and see your GP. They won't laugh or turn you away. Be honest.

Eating disorders are common, there is help there.

corythatwas Sat 09-Jul-16 12:49:57

Absolutely see a doctor, this obsession is an illness and it is treatable, but it needs to be caught now before you do permanent damage to yourself. The longer you leave it the harder it will be. The nasty thing about an eating disorder is that the more you give into it, the less happy you feel about your body.

The nice thing about doctors is they've seen it all before, they won't laugh but they won't be so shocked they can't talk to you either.

Desmondo2016 Sat 09-Jul-16 13:36:55

If you don't feel you want to tell a GP show them this post. They will take it from there I promise. X

AuntyElle Sat 09-Jul-16 21:41:13

Also, have a look at www.b-eat.co.uk
They have a helpline for teenagers and online support.
There is help and understanding out there.
flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now