Drugs & Stuff...

(1 Post)
Flatlining Tue 28-Jun-16 15:34:00

My 15 year old son (one of a twin) has started smoking cannabis.
His new 'best mate' in school has several mental health issues and I feel this is having an impact on him (not blaming the new kid but he is a known user) He has also started becoming aggressive towards me...he's 6ft and built like a brick shite house sad
Says he wants to go and live with his father who not only has mental health issues and (guess what) is a massive cannabis user as is his wife...
My son (grounded for a different misdemeanour) climbed out of his bedroom window last Friday to go and get stoned. This was the first I knew about his use of cannabis, I eventually found him walking in town late at night with his friend and a bag of alcohol & smoking paraphernalia, clearly monged off his chops...refusing to come home...

I have only had communication with his father by text and email for the last 4 years. He is abusive, hostile and controlling. The non-molestation order I had ran out and he is insisting I talk to him.
I will not see him face to face, it makes me too anxious. He scares me and I like to keep a record of what is said.

There is not one part of me that can condone him going to live with his father because of his habit but....what do I do? I can't keep him locked in the house...
I've now informed the school and we are having a meeting...if he doesn't agree to an early intervention I've been advised to make a social services referral.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now