DD 14 yrs stressing about the pains in her breasts...convinced she's got something serious, what does your DD describe, if anything?

(12 Posts)
alaspoorderek Sun 29-May-16 17:23:03

Hi, DD tends to stress about things anyway but she is c/o of 'stabbing pains' in the general breast region and is thinking she has something wrong with her. I have tried to reassure her that it will be growing pains but she is not convinced. I can only remember generally itchiness rather than pain when I was a teen so wondered what others think, what do you remember and does your DD describe pains as such?

Any input to reassure my DD would be appreciated.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sun 29-May-16 19:25:31

I clearly remember having really painful breasts as a young teen, aches and stabbing pains and absolute agony if anything touched them. I'd kind of forgotten about it until I got pregnant and it brought back the memories!

I think it's normal and should pass, if you're worried though you could always ask your GP for reassurance - could it be an appropriate time to discuss contraception or is she too young?

thewreckofthehesperus Sun 29-May-16 19:28:58

I had this and still do when I'm due my period. Evening primrose tablets help ease it.

Sparklingbrook Sun 29-May-16 19:32:07

I vividly remember having painful breasts around that age, it was horrible. Like Snuffle the next time I had the same was when i was pregnant.

Buggers Sun 29-May-16 19:33:23

Sorry may be to much info but Does she have quite bad periods as well? A friend in high school(same age as your dd) used to complain a lot about her breasts and growing pains and also had bad periods, she went to the doctors with her mum and went on the pill(I think) which supposedly helped quite a bit.

QueenofQuirkiness Sun 29-May-16 19:51:11

I can't really be of much help, but I would ask DD if the pain seems to be in her breasts or more as if it is in her chest, which could be an indication of something more serious - hope she's alright

Greenyogagirl Sun 29-May-16 19:54:32

I have huge boobs and at 14 was really big busted and the paaaaain was awful. Stabby, achy, throbbing awfulness!
As long as it's boob pain and not chest pain id tell her not to worry. If she's still panicking show her a video on how to check herself so there's no lumps/discharge etc and she might feel more confident that all is ok

ThePartyArtist Sun 29-May-16 23:07:59

Yes definitely remember the stabbing pains. i forgot about them til I came off the pill recently and they returned - guess it's the hormonal changes.

Florene Sun 29-May-16 23:10:16

I take either evening primrose oil or starflower oil for breast pain, and they work a treat.

Ludways Sun 29-May-16 23:24:11

I had terrible pains in my breasts as they developed and again when I got oh as they were changing then too. I remember squashing them into radiators to alleviate the pain. Hot water bottles or those microwave beads things will help.

Ludways Sun 29-May-16 23:24:57

Pg, not oh.

alaspoorderek Sun 29-May-16 23:36:20

Thank you all so much for your replies, that is reassuring that it is prob not anything serious. As I said could not remember pain only itchiness I felt that I needed some more opinions, thanks again you wonderful lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now