Trousers for boys

(21 Posts)
MUMMYDUDE Mon 11-Apr-16 09:54:34

Hi,
I've always had problems trying to find trousers to fit my long legged skinny minny son but now that he is 15 it is getting even harder. My son has absolutely no bottom or hips, to speak of, despite eating like a horse. He is now too big for kids clothes but I am struggling to find men's jeans that don't look ridiculous on him. We did find some in H&M in a size 30" waist 34" leg (they don't make 28" waist with 34" leg unfortunately). His legs are also very skinny, so even slim fit can look bigger than normal. Can anyone please recommend a few places to look for a growing lad with super long legs but no bulk to his size? Many thanks.

ChoccyLabsAreFab Mon 11-Apr-16 19:50:15

Have you tried Hollister? Just bought some great chino skinny style trousers for my son in 28w 34l and cheap as chips too in the sale for £20 or so!

Chimchar Mon 11-Apr-16 20:59:23

Primark mens skinny jeans were great when my ds was at that stage. They do pretty small waist sizes I think.

BG2015 Mon 11-Apr-16 22:15:00

Yes my son wears Primark skinny black jeans size 28" waist. He's 6' 1"

I also bought him some Levi 501s from the US via eBay for £40, they were 28"

SuperMumNot Tue 12-Apr-16 12:27:07

Ah I feel your pain... and I think I have posted the same question here over many years!

Next - various skinny versions in long leg length. Often only available online though.
Primark good up to 34in inside leg.
Top Man - again, may have to look online. Interestingly, a very helpful assistant in TopMan told me that jeans are often longer in the leg than chinos, as they assume that people may want to turn them up, so a 34" might be close to a 35". It seemed to be true, as DS grew out of his jeans later than his chinos.
Gap and American Eagle also good as can get Long etc.
My boys are on target to be 6ft4 and 6ft3 and I think they will never be able to shop in store, just online, in future.

SecretSquirrils Tue 12-Apr-16 13:00:40

I've posted much the same before. DS2 is 6'3" and 10 stone. Ideally he needs a 30w x 36L.
Many places that do a 36" leg length only on 34" waist.
Our secret weapon is TKMax where the freakishly long and skinny jeans or trousers are often left over in clearance. He got a pair this week for £10 and they fit!!

SuperMumNot Tue 12-Apr-16 14:15:27

Ah yes! TKMAXX - have also had success there too!

Ebay and Amazon also good.

Maryz Tue 12-Apr-16 14:18:24

Mine also wear Primark. I think they actually have 26 waists, and do various lengths.

calamityjam Tue 12-Apr-16 14:21:48

Topman is teeny tiny. Bought ds2 same age as yours a pair yesterday their 34 waist was the same as the 30 he has from next. My D's is quite chunky but only 5'5 so we are having similar but opposite problems op.

feelingmiffed Tue 12-Apr-16 14:36:19

The men's section of New Look are good for slim/skinny jeans

SuperMumNot Tue 12-Apr-16 14:37:58

We are soon going to have the 6th form suit nightmare to confront...

So who can tell me where I can get a charcoal grey, slim fit trendy suit in 40L chest and 32XL trousers - ideally with a waistcoat too (it's a DS thing...) ?? hmm

SecretSquirrils Tue 12-Apr-16 14:45:10

SuperMumNot Have you looked in Next? You can buy trousers / jacket and waistcoat separately, I managed to fit DS1 out last year but not sure about charcoal.

TinySombrero Tue 12-Apr-16 14:49:56

We used h&m with a belt!

ouryve Tue 12-Apr-16 14:54:11

Next & top man both do skinnier sizes.

That suit size isn't out of the ordinary, SuperMumNot - similar proportions to DH (though he's more like a 33" waist, now he's middle aged). Always had success with next.

BertrandRussell Tue 12-Apr-16 14:58:26

Primark and Levis

gymboywalton Wed 13-Apr-16 00:28:09

supermumnot-next is the place to go
just got my son his prom suit from there in a 40 extra long with a 40 long waistcoat and seperate trousers etc

gymboywalton Wed 13-Apr-16 00:30:11

www.next.co.uk/g312272s1

tumpymummy Wed 13-Apr-16 12:09:26

I remember buying clothes as a teenager was a real problem with hardly any choice. You would have thought that clothes shops would have sorted this problem by now, but obviously not! For skinny DS14 I buy trousers in H&M or Primark Men's XS, usually skinny fit. School trousers are our problem as he has to wear regulation ones, and they don't do skinny fit.

rainbowunicorn Wed 13-Apr-16 22:11:20

River Island do from 26 inch waist and lots of lengths

OneMagnumisneverenough Sat 16-Apr-16 14:44:40

It is actually easier getting proper sizing when they are out of children's clothes tbh. Yes, you may need to shop around but it's much easier than trying to balance height and waist measurement when you can only buy clothes by age.

pinkpanda101 Sun 01-May-16 17:20:37

Brilliant website
http://www.punkdimage.com/
Does super skinny jeans 28" waist plus loads of other cool stuff. Or if you're near Manchester check out their shop in Aflecks Palace

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now