Where shall I take dd for an overnight trip?

(6 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 29-Feb-16 12:34:08

I'd like to take my oldest dd (15 in May) away overnight somewhere, just me and her. I need some recommendations please. I like spa type places but is she too young for that? She's quite active so somewhere near a Go Ape type place might be fun. We are in London so preferably somewhere within an hour's driving. Thanks.

slug Mon 29-Feb-16 12:51:31

I do this with DD every now and then. We sod off and have girl's holidays together, 3 or 4 days in length.

So far, we've had good times in:
Bath. Along with the the Spa there is Stonehenge close by and Glass blowing
Cardiff (though The Dr Who Experience was the whole point of that visit)
Lyme Regis. There's a lot to be said for throwing rocks around to find fossils.

Scatter Mon 29-Feb-16 14:33:30

I suggest Brighton - the pier, the shopping, the aquarium, the restaurants. If you are splurging for a hotel then you can go for one with a swimming pool/optional spa treatments.

Have a great time. One on one time together is really special.

Foxedme Tue 01-Mar-16 17:27:43

The new forest? There is definitely a Go Ape there and also not too far from the coast to blow away the cobwebs. I took my 15 year old to London - but you're already there! Have fun - we had a really good time!

cdtaylornats Thu 03-Mar-16 12:34:17

Paris or Brussels on Eurostar.

Socialaddict Thu 03-Mar-16 22:59:09

We do this very often with my DD15. As they are not old enough for spa weekends yet, perhaps just an overnight in a hotel with a bit of sightseeing might be good. You can also try Center parks, great breaks! Warwick, Stratford upon Avon, Bath, etc! Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now