DS being targeted for helping out

(12 Posts)
wildmountainheather Fri 12-Feb-16 21:45:57

Recently there was quite an unpleasant incident at DS all boys school. Sexual Photos taken on someones mobile of a girl his age (17) from a local girls school were being circulated. I don't know how they got hold of them but you can just imagine the awfulNess for the poor girl. DS knows right from wrong, got hold of the boys phones and deleted the pictures then got his pal.from his part time job to somehow erase them from the computers they were on. Anyway he is now being targeted by the boys who are in serious trouble-he says he isn't worried but I am. I am proud of him for helping her out and he doesn't even know her

rogueantimatter Sat 13-Feb-16 19:27:20

Bumping for you as I don't know what to advise.

How on earth did he manage to get hold off their phones and get into them?

Hope someone comes along with proper advice for you.

I'd be very proud too.

wildmountainheather Sat 13-Feb-16 20:14:19

The boys in question are on the rugby team and never lock their lockers so he went in there. They aren't the brightest so haven't got codes on them. He put the phones back afterwards. Anyway they won't officially complain about him briefly taking the phones As that would involve them admitting they had been circulating the pictures. He's hoping it will all blow over.

rogueantimatter Sat 13-Feb-16 20:23:02

I hope so too. Good for him for taking action. This sort of thing is completely unacceptable. I'm glad he feels like that too.

Northernparent68 Sun 14-Feb-16 23:27:04

I'm sorry but I do not think your sons story adds up.

Why do these lads keep their phones in open lockers, are nt the worried about the phones being stolen ?, And who does nt have a lock on their phone, even not bright kids know how to operate a mobile.

If your son got his friend to erase photos on some one else computer he's involved in computer hacking, and How did he know the photos were on their computers anyway ?

If your son's version of events is true the lads would not know who did it. And when did he do this, if it was at lunch time there would be other people around,and after school the lads would their phones home.

If the rugby lads and your son are not friends they would not tell him about the photos to begin with.

IF he was my son I'd question him carefully, and get the other boys version of events. I expect he's told you what you wanted to hear.

ParochialE9 Mon 15-Feb-16 09:42:05

I agree with above, this does not add up at all. A photo like this would have been shared many times and deleting from a few boys phones would make no difference at all. It would have been shared on group chats and on Whatsapp for example, the image is saved in the message and backed up on the phone as well. Even my 88 year old mother has a security code on her phone and she is far from computer savvy!

PrettyBrightFireflies Mon 15-Feb-16 09:47:23

At 17, he should have a much better idea of appropriate ways of dealing with situations like that - interfering with lockers, deleting files on electronic equipment? He's not a vigilante!

I'm not surprised he's getting grief - I am surprised he's not been given a good kicking, tbh.

Explain to your DS what the appropriate response is to such a situation and support him to acknowledge his mistake this time.

TealLove Mon 15-Feb-16 10:03:16

Something doesn't add up about his story Im sorry

Pinkfluffyglitteryunicorns11 Mon 15-Feb-16 11:04:15

How did he know passwords and codes to access the pictures?!

VimFuego101 Mon 15-Feb-16 11:58:34

True, Pink. On an iPhone you can get to the pic library without the pin code. No idea about other brands though.

Pinkfluffyglitteryunicorns11 Mon 15-Feb-16 12:47:40

If you have a lock code which most people do you cant can you?!

ParochialE9 Mon 15-Feb-16 13:17:01

You can take pictures on iPhone without putting in the code but you can't view pictures previously taken or saved in gallery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now