why do 13/14 yr old girls thing its ok to exclude other girls from activities?

(4 Posts)
lavazzzalover Sat 30-Jan-16 16:33:03

dd is 14 next month. had a wide range of friends but not really a best friend, but in a way I think that is best.

but she rarely gets invited to days outs.a gang of girls from her class went to the pics today, and DD wasn't invited. same as last month when they went to town, wasn't invited. it seems the instigator is this girl who dd is friends with but doesn't really do a lot with. I call her the Queen Bee as DD says "QB said.....QB did.....". im really resenting this QB. QB has a bestie and when QB isnt around the friend is all over my dd.

im just pissed off. DD is happy, but I just feel sad for her today knowing that her pals are out. she just wanted to be alone today and fair play she has spent the day with her young brother.

she has other pals in a football team who go to another school so she's decided to start meeting with them on a weekend.

thank you for reading and letting me moan!!!

mercifulTehlu Sat 30-Jan-16 16:44:12

I'm afraid this is just what some people are like. And from threads on MN it seems like some adult women behave like this, not just girls. But if she's happy and she's spending time with other friends, then it looks like she's already learned the important lesson that it's not worth wasting her time fretting over people who leave you out of things. Good for her!

lavazzzalover Sat 30-Jan-16 17:09:19

thank you. shes just asked me if one of her team mates can stay over for her birthday so ive agreed to that.

and we"ll have a family day out tomorrow and she can finally spend her Christmas vouchers!!

ParochialE9 Sat 30-Jan-16 20:17:56

Agree it's nothing to do with being 13/14, DD is year 12 and it still goes on all the time - girls can just be amazingly spiteful and nasty. I've been upset in the past when it's happened to my DD but it sounds like your DD is dealing with it well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now