coat for 13yr son..delusional I know, but besides Superdry..recommend me one please

(55 Posts)
ggirl Fri 15-Jan-16 22:01:18

thanks
he was wearing a sort of zipped hoody over his blazer today and got told off.

ggirl Sat 16-Jan-16 14:41:32

bump

VeryTattyMum Sat 16-Jan-16 14:46:52

Try M&M Direct not as expensive as Superdry for when the coat ids inevitably "lost but it's not my fault"

www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/YH507/Haywire-Junior-Jacket-Standard-Black

notmynameohno Sat 16-Jan-16 14:51:31

Superdry sale online mens quilted artic jacket £37

IAmPissedOffWithAHeadmaster Sat 16-Jan-16 14:53:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ggirl Sat 16-Jan-16 14:54:25

oh sorry he doesnt want hood..i did buy that quilted superdry one..was v pleased with myself at such a good price..but the permanent hood is a deal breaker and its going back...he needs extra small size and there is none of the non hooded ones in that size

will check out m&M thanks

Libra Sat 16-Jan-16 14:54:39

Don't bother. He will never wear it. <bitter>

ggirl Sat 16-Jan-16 14:55:16

you're right I do know that..but I have this strange compulsion to ensure he has a coat...its nuts !!!

ggirl Sat 16-Jan-16 14:56:00

hmmm maybe I won't bother
stick with the forbidden hooded sweatshirt type jacket the school seems to hate...he actually wears that!

GasLIghtShining Sat 16-Jan-16 20:50:07

Can he not just take the hoody of before in goes in the gates?

IfItsGoodEnough4ShirleyBassey Sat 16-Jan-16 21:01:26

This one has a removable hood?

www.superdry.com/mens/last-chance/details/56196/wet-scuba-jacket at a price

Gap Varsity jacket?

ggirl Sat 16-Jan-16 21:04:09

Gas - it was between classes he was wearing it ...different buildings

thanks shirley will show him that one

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 16-Jan-16 21:05:00

He either won't wear it, or will give it to his girl crush.
I have 17 gazillion black hoodies in my house, I think I bought two of them, I have a 14yr old dd and am expecting angry Mums on my doorstep at any minute

derektheladyhamster Sat 16-Jan-16 21:07:00

Try gap. I seem to remember that was the only one ds would wear - removable hood obviously 😀

Quoteunquote Sat 16-Jan-16 21:21:54

If you want him to wear it, let him choose, set a budget, tell him to line up ones that are acceptable to him on the computer, it's a good opportunity for him to learn how to shop properly, loads of decent coats in the Go outdoor sale.

Kenworthington Sat 16-Jan-16 21:29:06

Da2 is almost 13 and has an 'element' jacket. Toasty warm and waterproof. It's a skatery brand. Only coat he's ever worn!

GasLIghtShining Sat 16-Jan-16 21:35:43

My DS's uniform was a jumper rather than a blazer and it literally had to be zero degrees before he he would add to this and it was normally a hoody taken off once in the school grounds

Kenworthington Sat 16-Jan-16 21:50:13

It's a pain when they have nowhere to put their coat when they get to school. Ds has to walk nearly a mile each way but no lockers or cloakroom whe. He gets to school. Ridiculous

BabyGanoush Sun 17-Jan-16 15:37:35

My DS does not wear a coat to schoolconfused

But he will wear a thermal top underneath his shirt and a scarf.

So I just bought a scarf for him.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 17-Jan-16 17:26:42

DS (14) got one from North Face which has a detatchable fleece liner. He chose it with me so will wear it well, it fits into his schoolbag anyway.

lljkk Sun 17-Jan-16 17:44:29

16yo DS has a Karrimor Weathertite jacket he wears most days, from Sports Direct, might be this one. I suppose there's no hood but he's very happy with it otherwise, can fold into bag between lessons. He had a cheap hoody thin waterproof in past for same purpose.

Heyho111 Sun 17-Jan-16 22:15:56

H&M they are blogged about quite a bit about do very good designer copies and are seen as acceptable place to shop on a budget in fashion.

gamerchick Sun 17-Jan-16 22:20:55

Mine won't wear a coat either, it's maddening!

I compromised with thick body warmers from officers club. They meet the minimum trendy for wearing hmm

Whathaveilost Sun 17-Jan-16 22:25:02

Teenagers wear coats around here!

DS2 (16) has a Jack Wolfskin parka that is never off his back and although older DS1 has a hugely expensive Berghaus coat ( It cost him £350 so he really does make sure he wears it!)

steppemum Sun 17-Jan-16 22:33:01

surprised at all the GAP recommendations, my ds would rather wear an Asda item of clothing than GAP, as GAP is apparently not at all cool.

I let him chose, and then let him decide how cold it is.
He does have to cycle, so wears it when it is cold.
He chose Superdry, and his hood is removable. Luckily we have an outlet store near us, so much cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now