Advice on Xbox game please

(6 Posts)
Flipflop99 Thu 05-Nov-15 15:09:06

My 13 year old son is pestering for Halo to play on his Xbox. My initial answer was a resounding 'No' as it is rated a 16. He is now doing his usual sulking and ranting about how unfair it is as all his friends are playing on it etc.
Has anyone's kids got this game, and is it ok or should I stick to my guns? I have tried to find out a bit about the content but it's all a bit vague.

sammassammas Thu 05-Nov-15 15:12:36

I think halo would be fine, far more restrained than call of duty for example, I think the first halo games many moons ago were a 13 rating and they haven't changed the formula that much in my opinion

gamerchick Thu 05-Nov-15 15:15:22

Halo is fine.

JCDenton Thu 05-Nov-15 22:18:58

Not played Halo since 3 but unless there's been a huge tonal shift in the series I wouldn't ban a 13 year old, it's not very realistic, set in the far future and pretty space opera-ish. Only word of caution is that a big draw of the series is the online play, so he should be aware of how to deal with anything in that domain.

Flipflop99 Fri 06-Nov-15 08:58:58

Thanks guys, he is pretty sensible with regards to online gaming so that is not a worry, just wanted to make sure it wasn't too gory or graphic.

gamerchick Fri 06-Nov-15 13:34:10

No halo is fine.

Plus coop is online only for halo5 so no cosy games on split screen sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now