What after crop tops for developing 12 year old?

(11 Posts)
RascarCapac Sat 17-Oct-15 16:51:25

Dd is 12. She has been wearing lightweight crop tops for the last 2 or so years - all good. She is quite petite (/short!) but over the last 2-3 months has noticeably developed a bit and I think she is going to need something with a bit more support than a crop top at some stage. Or do they carry on in crop tops for a while? It was a vest/28AA ladybird bra tradition in my day! So vest clearly became inadequate but not sure re crop tops.

She plays quite a lot of sport so I will get her a thicker/proper sports crop top - that part is quite straightforward I think, as I think the sports outfitters place does those.

poorbuthappy Sat 17-Oct-15 16:52:47

Asda for the sports back crop top. Lots of Lycra in them. Matalan for small bras.
M&S pronounced awful by my 11 year old!!

RascarCapac Sat 17-Oct-15 17:00:22

Thanks! smile

We looked in a big M&S today but they weren't great (understatement!) so I agree with your dd. They seem to have more stuff online, which is good, but I'm not quite sure what to look for.

I think a year or so with more sporty/thicker Lycra crop tops is probably what we want. She wears a plain white blouse and blazer to school so doesn't really want anything with seams or lace to show through her shirt.

JustDanceAddict Sat 17-Oct-15 18:11:37

M&s do good first bras. My daughter has been in them for about a year now.

Fairylea Sat 17-Oct-15 18:13:00

Next do some lovely teen bras and older style crop tops, they're what my dd aged 12 and all her friends are wearing.

Bunbaker Sat 17-Oct-15 23:58:27

DD is 15 and still in first bras. She hasn't grown at all since she started wearing them in year 8.

AtiaoftheJulii Sun 18-Oct-15 00:13:17

John Lewis have a decent selection - look for the "teen underwear" range in lingerie. Dd tried a few and has three of the Rosy bras.

WasWildatHeart Sun 18-Oct-15 21:26:53

M&S Angel range has been great for my DD. go online for best selection or it a big store.

cariadlet Sun 18-Oct-15 21:55:54

My dd likes the teen underwear in the Kylie section of M and Co.
www.mandco.com/kylie/underwear/

ifonly4 Mon 19-Oct-15 09:52:16

Depends on how big your DD is, but DD has a starter bra from BHS - it doesn't have a cup size, but a little gathering in the lower middle part of each cup to allow for a bit of expansion.

RascarCapac Mon 19-Oct-15 20:12:48

Thanks guys. Dd independently found online the MandCo Kylie range and the M&S Angel range and liked both - looks like online is the way to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now