Tracking an iPhone

(5 Posts)
FlowerLight Tue 18-Aug-15 01:06:30

DS1's friend's parents have installed a piece of tracking software on her iPhone. She is absolutely furious about this as she is 22, needs independence etc. DS1 however has decided this is a brilliant idea as he is coming up to 18 and worried about something happening on a night out etc. Only thing is DH and I are clueless and DS1 doesn't know if the software would install on a PC. Is there any way we would be able to install an app on his phone and track it from a PC? He has an iPhone but neither of us do. Does anyone know if this would be possible?

Donge13 Tue 18-Aug-15 01:44:30

Track my iphone is what you need..put the number in and it tells you the phones location

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Tue 18-Aug-15 05:00:06

Do you mean FindMyiPhone? We have that that on our phones as we all tend to lose them quite often. It even shows which end of the house it is.

I've never used it to track my teens however. And I'm a bit shock that someone would track their 22 year old. There needs to be some serious apron string cutting right there!

titchy Tue 18-Aug-15 08:07:02

IMO the nearly 18 year old needs to learn how to be safe on a night out, not rely on find my phone. The 22 yo needs to disable this or get a new phone.

cdtaylornats Tue 18-Aug-15 10:03:20

Logsat Software Family Tracker app can be accessed via a website so usable from PC

Www.logsat.com/iphone/familytracker/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now