Dd13 not well is it her asthma?

(5 Posts)
Strawberrybonbon3 Sat 27-Jun-15 12:46:17

Hi all this is probably going to end up being a very long post but just not sure what to do really. When my daughter was very young she has asthma not that bad, and she never had an attack. Anyway when she was about 8 it went and she was fine up until a few months ago when we noticed she had a cough that got worse at night. The doctors gave her an inhaler but they didn't actually say it was asthma until I got a letter saying she had a referal to an asthma clinic. Anyway we missed the appointment and I have been meaning to make a new one, but it hasn't been that bad just a bit of a cough now and then.
Then she come home yesterday night saying she didn't feel too good and felt weak, a few hours later she was coughing non stop, she took a few puffs of her inhaler which she hasn't had to use for ages. Kept on coughing through the night, and finally fell asleep at 4!! She came down a few hours ago saying her chest feels a bit tight and still coughing and breathing quite fast. She has now gone back to sleep and seems okay I'm checking on her often! So now I'm just not sure what to do, non of the doctors are open and I don't know whether this really is her asthma as it has never been that bad or that much of a problem? Sorry again for long post, thanks x

Baies Sat 27-Jun-15 12:50:55

Didn't you have a similar thread about her last month? I'm sure she's fine, you sound rather anxious

Just give the doctor a bell and discuss it with them. There'll be OOH I'm sure.

WorraLiberty Sat 27-Jun-15 12:50:58

A referal to an asthma clinic isn't a diagnosis.

My DS had the same thing and it turned out he didn't have asthma, but an allergy to dust and pollen.

It's difficult to say with your DD because at the moment, Summer colds and hayfever are rife.

I've only started to suffer with hayfever for the last 3 years (mildly) and I'm 46yrs old.

I think these things are done by process of elimination really, which is probably what the appointment was for.

I've just read this post back, and it's not very helpful is it? blush

Strawberrybonbon3 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:01:54

Baies yes I did a bit ago she had a bad kidney infection! There's always something, she is very thin though and always seems to get everything going! She has broke 3 bones in the past! Nightmare aha grin

Strawberrybonbon3 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:12:45

Just got her an appointment at an out of hours surgery, no need yo worry thank you both anyway x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now