places to go with teenage boys?

(18 Posts)
Sammyshoelady Fri 12-Jun-15 10:38:27

My teenage boys have a day off school in a couple of weeks and I'd like to do something really fun/cool with them. We live just outside London so have done the London Eye, Madame Tussaud's, Orbital, climb the O2 and other main sights in London. Also done Wembley Stadium and The Emirates. Any other suggestions? Their Dad is taking them to Alton Towers in the holidays. I just suggested Bletchley Park and they don't fancy (too educational?), although they are very into history. Really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

ISingSoprano Fri 12-Jun-15 12:56:40

Portsmouth? - historic dockyard (HMS Victory, Mary Rose etc) and Gun Wharf Quay next door (shopping, eating, cinema etc)

cdtaylornats Fri 12-Jun-15 13:15:27

National Army Museum
Lords

MrsBennetsEldest Fri 12-Jun-15 13:22:23

Mine loved shooting clays, fishing, carting track and things of that ilk. They preferred to do things rather than look at places and shopping was as interesting as a bath sponge for them.

3nationsfamily Fri 12-Jun-15 16:00:45

Is there one of those indoor trampoline parks anywhere nearby www.trampoline.today/ryzeglobaltest/ or an indoor snow centre or skate park? What about one of those escape games www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/londons-best-escape-games or a Segway tour somewhere

Mitzi50 Fri 12-Jun-15 16:11:24

We have been clay pigeon shooting and go karting. DC want to do airkix at Milton Keynes and activities at the White Water Centre at Lee Valley.

Takver Fri 12-Jun-15 16:16:30

Do they like Harry Potter? The Studio Tour is fantastic if so, though not cheap.

My 13 y/o loved it, as did my friend's 18 year old ds.

Mitzi50 Fri 12-Jun-15 16:37:35

High rope courses like Go Ape

Leeds2 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:01:49

Air Kix in Milton Keynes. Could combine with the snow activities.

Day in Brighton.

cathcustard Fri 12-Jun-15 17:06:12

Go Ape is brilliant for teens.

Sammyshoelady Fri 12-Jun-15 18:51:50

Thank you for all these ideas! I think maybe Air Kix or shooting clays, also really like the escape rooms idea! Thank you. Any new ideas very welcome too!

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Jun-15 19:10:03

Took our two to Mercedes Benz World at Easter. The museum is free but they both had an off road driving experience booked.

WankerDeAsalWipe Fri 12-Jun-15 22:36:50

Wakeboarding?

www.wakeupdocklands.com/

We don't live anywhere near London but have been down a couple of times with our boys, we didn't do this sort of outdoor stuff as we live where there are an abundance off those type of activities, so we did touristy stuff - their favourite thing was the Emirates sky train or whatever it's called and we saw the wakeboarding from it.

WankerDeAsalWipe Fri 12-Jun-15 22:40:23

Not sure which end of London is the closest for you and got this hit too:
jbski.com/

bigTillyMint Sat 13-Jun-15 10:46:14

Marking my place - we live in London, but I didn't know about half of these things!

Groupon often have things that might suit - like zorbing and stuff - worth looking into?

Newtobecomingamum Sat 13-Jun-15 11:53:18

Go Ape!!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 13-Jun-15 12:04:29

Segways are great fun.

Or they can have undersge driving lessons at Mercedes Benz world.

Sammyshoelady Sat 13-Jun-15 21:53:23

Thank you all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now