Prom

(10 Posts)
Frocklet Sun 07-Jun-15 10:46:21

16 yr old boy. Prom in July. Usually lives in casuals. What does he wear to his prom? Is there a particular fashion, is marks and spencer suitable? He just shrugs and will wear anything I buy. Some suggestions on what to look for would be welcome. Thanks.

EE123 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:46:58

We rented a tux from Morris Brothers.

Lolimax Sun 07-Jun-15 10:48:26

We also hired I think most parents did.

FernGullysWoollyPully Sun 07-Jun-15 10:50:15

Well usually it's a suit. Next/Topman has some great suits in. Skinny is what's fashionable at the moment apparently.

Honestly though I'd say anything goes! For an example, my husband, who is always casual, wore designer jeans and chucks on our wedding day, with a waistcoat, jacket and bow tie.

It really depends if there's a style he prefers.

Frocklet Wed 10-Jun-15 21:33:23

Thanks for the advice. Would hate to get it wrong for him. Shopping on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

beachyhead Wed 10-Jun-15 21:35:14

Look on Facebook for the last years prom pictures and see what the boys wore then.

BestIsWest Wed 10-Jun-15 21:38:57

At DS' prom last year nearly all the boys wore skinny suits and ties rather than tuxedos. Can you check what his friends are wearing?

BestIsWest Wed 10-Jun-15 21:39:22

Oh , lots of kilts too.

ChillySundays Thu 11-Jun-15 20:33:06

Skinny suit from Burtons. Have had offers. Suits for £99 and some with free shoes (no way were his school shoe sin a decent enough state!)

BackforGood Fri 12-Jun-15 00:07:15

No tux's at ds's.
All parents bought them a suit they could wear again or could if only they didn't have a growth spurt every 5 weeks

We got a whole suit from Matalan for £35 (was 3 yrs ago) but it looked just as good as everyone else's, and when he had outgrown it by about 3 weeks after prom, I didn't feel quite so aggrieved as I might have if I'd paid 3 or 4 times as much. To be fair, he managed to get a wedding out of it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now