weekend away ideas with older teens

(10 Posts)
2fedup Sat 30-Aug-14 08:35:36

I have the DS for several weeks on my own and thought it would be nice to try and spent some time with them ( even if it is not cool) and take them away for a night.
I'm after suggestions of an interesting weekend, no more than a couple of hours from London. We could stretch to the eurostar, if I can find cheapest tickets. There definitely needs to be something to do, otherwise the DS will be extra grumpy.

Mine are always happy to go to Center Parcs.

You could do a night in London, with a show?

2fedup Sat 30-Aug-14 16:40:38

Thanks, not sure we can manage more than 1-2 night so centre parcs is out.
I wondered if there is anywhere that murder mystery type evenings that will take teenagers?
To get them to agree to come along, it needs to be different.

Hereshoping1 Sat 30-Aug-14 17:57:08

Activity weekend in Wales - there's a really big zip wire (sorry not sure where!) and lots of places doing biking/ caving etc...

Heyho111 Sat 30-Aug-14 19:41:39

Segway day would go down a storm. It's also something you'd enjoy. It's the in thing to do as well so would make you just under cool. There are a few places about. One is in Chepstow.

Travelledtheworld Sat 30-Aug-14 21:17:22

How old are they ?
How about a Ghost Hunting weekend ?
www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk

Do they like outdoor things ?
The YHA offer activity weekends.
I would recommend a weekend in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. Climbing, canoeing, off road cycling, Go Ape. Go down a coal mine.

Rent a narrow boat on the Grand Union Canal and sleep on it. They can take turns to steer it and work the locks.

3nationsfamily Tue 02-Sep-14 14:02:37

Alton Towers would be a good bet- you can stay off resort pretty cheaply nearby as the insure hotels seem to be geared for younger families rather than teens

AppleAndMelon Tue 02-Sep-14 20:45:36

We are going to go quad biking soon - would yours enjoy that?

2fedup Wed 03-Sep-14 20:30:11

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think I will look at segway tours, as I quite fancy that. Neither of the boys are bothered about roller coasters or the theatre, but I may also look at the ghost bus tour in london.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now