Looking for ideas on what to do for my DD's 16th smile

bigbuttons Sun 10-Aug-14 11:39:05

mine was 16 last thursday. We had a day out together, cinema lunch etc

TomatoSorbetWoman Sun 10-Aug-14 11:39:30

same as bb - but theatre

TomatoSorbetWoman Sun 10-Aug-14 11:39:45

also Thursday!!

themightyfandango Sun 10-Aug-14 11:42:50

I took her for a weekend in London, the two of us, shopping, restaurant and west end show.

It was lovely. Happy memories.

MrsDavidBowie Sun 10-Aug-14 11:44:32

She had a Disney dress up afternoon tea party for 15 school friends, 12 from her theatre group for pizza and sleepover and we took her for meal/theatre.

chocoluvva Sun 10-Aug-14 22:05:03

ten pin bowling followed by a meal in a Chinese restaurant with friends. Organised by herself (kind of). We paid for the ten pin bowling but her friends paid for their own meals (£9.99 deal). Apparently this is 'normal'.

Her boyfriend invited the same set of friends to his home for a surprise party the day before her birthday, unbeknownst to us hmm!

On the actual day of her birthday we had pizza for dinner (at her request) + champagne.

MacBath Sun 10-Aug-14 23:55:00

DD invited a few friends - no more than 8. We hired a hot tub and set it up in the garden under a gazebo with fairy lights and balloons. Music, pizza, snacks, chocolate fountain and cake and some sparkly (plastic glasses) and basically left them to it! It seemed to go well - it was the first party/celebration she'd wanted since primary school and we were able to keep the hot tub for a week - bonus! (Luckily it came with a filter and cleaning chemicals etc....)

ElephantsNeverForgive Mon 11-Aug-14 00:02:56

We went to the HP studios.

Maryz Mon 11-Aug-14 00:45:30

Both dd and ds2 had bbq's

About 20 kids came to the house, played table tennis, cooked on a bbq and lit a fire to toast marshmallows.

dd's friends are very steady and didn't drink at all.

ds's friends had a few beers, but I know their parents so they didn't do anything too awful grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now