Telling DD I am pregnant?!

(24 Posts)
MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:02:28

I found out a couple of weeks ago, and have received our due date (01/05/2015), and have found out we're expecting twins. Whilst I am extremely excited, i am worried for DD as the babies will be reaching the sleepless nights stage when she's taking her GCSEs sad
DH has suggested we look into soundproofing our room, which sounds like a good idea, but I need help with the whole thing
Firstly, how do we tell her I'm pregnant? I had her young (14) so I am quite young going into this.
I need some help with just telling her first of all, without disrupting anything major
Any ideas?

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Aug-14 11:08:54

Congratulations!

Does she know you were hoping to have another child?

3littlewomen Mon 04-Aug-14 11:10:06

How on earth did you find out you were expecting twins so early - or have you put down wrong due date?

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:10:39

It was unplanned, I've always wanted one and she's wanted a younger sibling for quite a while, but I just feel that the due date being so close to her GCSEs will be the issue sad
At the same time, I'm sure she'll be delighted as she loves babysitting and looking after her young cousins, so I hope that will make sure she is happy

HavantGuard Mon 04-Aug-14 11:11:48

You know that it's twins already? Wow.

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:12:02

3- we had a private scan, as something felt 'wrong' if that makes sense.
Also unsure of due date as the conception must have been around 2 months ago, and babies looked more developed. have another scan soon where the babies will be measured as they looked 'big'.
Hoping he did get it wrong and their due date is in March/April time

3littlewomen Mon 04-Aug-14 11:12:54

Due date of 1/5/2015, conception should be this Friday according to the calculators!

3littlewomen Mon 04-Aug-14 11:14:01

Conception 2 months ago - probably due march

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:14:32

well 3 he's definitely wrong then! grin
DH has been away for a month and a half on a business venture in america, and that's impossible!!
Will ask the consultant who did the scan soon, DD has an appointment tonight as she has injured her knee sad

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:15:09

3 I hope so. the earlier they come (obviously when healthy and viable outside) the better. Really don't need any disruptions to DD's GCSEs

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Aug-14 11:18:55

Is there any way the numbers could have been reversed - 05/01/2015? Is all most odd TBH.

DiaDuit Mon 04-Aug-14 11:19:12

hmm

Who worked out your due date for you? Did they have real certificates on their wall?

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:22:43

Oh Lord Mrs I hope so.
We went private and I have no clue how he effed this up so badly sad
May ask for an appointment at my local hosp as this is really making me feel anxious now, we have a holiday booked in December and if it is January then I won't be able to fly
Oh God, never go private

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Aug-14 11:24:07

Hmm. when was your last period?

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:24:22

Thinking about it, the consultant was extremely rushed and was running late having had a young girl who had a panic attack in the consulting room just before me, so may have made a mistake
I suppose only time will tell

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:24:52

Last period must have been Mid may
Was due on 14th june but never had it

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Aug-14 11:27:15

Ah, right. Was it an entirely normal period?

DrewsWife Mon 04-Aug-14 11:27:22

First of all. Massive congratulations. Despite the comments laced with sarcasm so far. I'm excited for you

Regardless of due date scans etc. you will get more accurate info as the pregnancy goes on.

My due date was changed at my 12 week scan x. thanks

Your daughter will be fine. Lots of siblings do exams round crying tots.

My daughter is 18 and I'm 20 weeks pregnant.

The excitement of being a big sister outweighed the horror that mum was still having sex.

Take it easy. The first few weeks are nerve wracking.

Go to antenatal clubs topic and find the due in your month. I'm in the December one. I see there is an April one too x

SquattingNeville Mon 04-Aug-14 11:29:11

If your last period was in May that would give you a February due date, with my DS my LMP was 20/5/12 and he was due 24/2/13. Definitely get yourself booked in with your local early pregnancy unit to get things investigated.

EvilHerbivore Mon 04-Aug-14 11:30:45

OK, assuming mid-May period at about the 15th and that you have a 28 day cycle, that puts your due date at February 19th, however its unlikely you'll go to 40 weeks with twins so closer to the end of January / very start of February

My sister is due Middle of Feb and she had her last period in May if that helps?

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:32:55

Oh lord Drew hadn't thought of that grin
Squatting and Evil - thank you so much!
getting onto my local unit in a few minutes to book an appointment, hope all will come to light!

MaybeIAmJustNotReasonable Mon 04-Aug-14 11:33:36

Titsalina- Hope that's about when I will be due, will give DD more time to adjust.
Also puts more pressure on booking for maternity leave but ho hum

mathanxiety Mon 11-Aug-14 07:06:17

A friend of mine had a baby last year, in her mid 40s, and already had several older children. Everything went well. However, the oldest, a girl, got the filthiest looks from many people when she went out with the baby to give him a walk and let her mum get some dinner made or stuff done around the house, or even if mum, teenage DD and new baby were out together. Many people who didn't know the family but knew them to see (iykwim) assumed the baby was the teenage daughter's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now