What contraband foodstuffs are sold at your teen's school?

(24 Posts)
TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 15:35:58

From the other thread..

I have heard of artisan loaves, mentos, and energy drinks

HecatePropylaea Sun 01-Jun-14 15:38:41

I am not being picky oh god I am going to sound like an arse blush do you mean counterfeit as in fake/imitation or contraband as in not allowed?

You can call me a wanker if you like blush but I need to know if you mean fake foods or banned stuff.

HecatePropylaea Sun 01-Jun-14 15:39:36

and if fake - dangerous fake stuff?

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 15:40:02

oh god

YOU ARE RIGHT! lol
* sun head*

contraband

Soz

bamboostalks Sun 01-Jun-14 15:41:54

I've heard of nothing? Artisan bread?

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 15:42:45

yup
i know!
Ask your kid. there will be a kid somewhere who has a suspiciously large rucksack

HecatePropylaea Sun 01-Jun-14 15:46:11

artisan bread? What the hell is that? I bake bread all the time. Have I been an artisan all these years without even realising it?

Does this mean I need to start wearing those pointy slippers? [utterly confused]

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 15:49:14

yup
not just sliced crap
herby and seedy and so on. or even cheese topped.

This isnt such an unusual concept.. hmm

GiveTwoSheets Sun 01-Jun-14 15:50:40

Mouldy sandwiches does that count

libertytrainers Sun 01-Jun-14 15:50:41

my son would probably be able to get cheap fags

Someone at DS1's buys loads of cans of pop from the Coop and sells them on I think Not v exciting.

The school has vending machines but no pop.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 01-Jun-14 16:04:31

People at Ds1's school buy cheap energy drinks from Home Bargains and sell them on at school. Sweets too, but energy drinks are banned by school so have a higher value on the playground.

I work in the same school and regularly see shifty looking groups crowded round a kid with an open schoolbag. I'm obliged to break it up and confiscate the goodies until home time. Sometimes they come to pick it all up and sometimes they cut their losses and leave it with us. We have a cupboard full of Monster Energy, Relentless etc that we're (almost) considering selling at the school fair to raise cash for extra pens for the kids who never have any with them. Although I think we'll have to be ethical and just trip the stuff down the sink.

Haven't come across artisan bread yet, despite school being very middle clarse.

YourLittleSecret Sun 01-Jun-14 17:31:44

Drugs and ciggies mainly.

BackforGood Sun 01-Jun-14 17:39:13

bread ????
Your dc must go to an odd school.

I know you can get chocolate bars and cans of pop - but what teen would be buying bread confused or is this "street language" for something else

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 17:50:47

No. Bread. Def bread

sinningsaint Sun 01-Jun-14 20:58:09

Don't worry OP it's bread here as well, the kids pick it up from the local supermarket chain round the corner each morning whilst it is still warm and sell it on as soon as they get to school grin.

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 21:09:11

Cheesy bread. Crisps from lunch boxes and cans of coke from pound land where they're 3 for £1

HecatePropylaea Sun 01-Jun-14 21:41:13

Youve had your thread title changed.
now I REALLY look like a tit . grin everyone'll be going wtf is she on about grin

TroyMcClure Sun 01-Jun-14 21:52:51

dusts hands wink

SteadyEddie Sun 01-Jun-14 21:57:56

DS's friend made a mint by buying tongue painting lollies and selling them to all the other kids.

Our school had a tuck shop which has to be closed when I was in year 10 as all the kids were spending their dinner money on Iron Bru bars and cans of pepsi rather than on lunches at the school canteen bastards.

chocoluvva Mon 02-Jun-14 13:03:04

Middle class school - drugs freely available apparently. angry

Spoils fun tone of thread.

sinningsaint Mon 02-Jun-14 18:38:16

Oh we have drugs freely available here as well. I never doubted weed would be going round but never believed DD (16) when she told me if she really wanted to she could get her hands on coke/ecstasy, until this weekend. Friends DD in a younger year went to a party and was offered ecstasy by two different people!

isitsnowingyet Tue 03-Jun-14 11:44:31

Rich Tea Biscuits. Not very exciting..

isitsnowingyet Tue 03-Jun-14 11:44:45

But quite moreish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now