14 yo DS2 and school

(6 Posts)

hi all i need some advice.
DS2 hates school, plays up and is a nightmare. today the schhol have suggested a fresh start elsewhere.

to me that just feels like a cop out as yes it solves thier issues but i suspect it might make him even harder to live with and its not pleasant now!

has anyone done this and did it help?

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-May-14 19:24:00

So have the school done anything to try and help? sad

Rivercam Tue 06-May-14 19:30:31

What is it your ds doesn't like? - teachers? Classmates? Work? Is he bored? Why have the school suggested he moves elsewhere? Is he being bullied?

Also, is there a reason he is not fitting in? Dyslexia? Needs glasses?

Maybe a fresh start will do,him good, but you need to know why the first school is failing him, so it doesn't happen again.

Sparklingbrook Tue 06-May-14 19:33:44

DS1 changed schools in Year 8, but it was quite straightforward and it wasn't a behaviour issue.

some things, but they seem to jump on him for petty things.

they excluded him for being rude for three days which i thought was a bit over the top but its like they have given up on him.

he i think feels the rules aren't for him but i follow sanctatiins at home so currently he has nothing as its all been taken away.

they have tried report but he is so disorganised he loses it. apart from that and regular meetings with me him and head of year not much else had been tried

i think its just moving the problem.

he hates it all the work the structure the teachers. god knows what i am meant to do with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now