Ok thus has been done to death

(8 Posts)
dingit Thu 20-Mar-14 20:01:16

But could everyone post how long their dcs are allowed on xbox or equivalent on a school night. Tia.

dingit Thu 20-Mar-14 20:01:36

*this

adeucalione Thu 20-Mar-14 20:27:38

They can't go on it until all of their homework and chores are done, their school bags are packed for the next day and dinner has been eaten - after that their free time is their own and they usually choose to spend it on the x box unless there's something good on tv. I would guess it works out at about 1hr - 90mins.

TeenAndTween Thu 20-Mar-14 20:47:33

We don't have x box, but have basically the same rules as adeucalione for DD1 age 14.

littlegreenlight1 Thu 20-Mar-14 20:51:12

As long as chores and homework are done, and lights are off around 10pm (they are 14 and 16) then rest of the time is theirs. But after 10pm its a big fat no from me!

No xbox, but once homework & music practice is done, then they can watch TV or use computer or laptop. 12 y old comes off screens at 8pm, 14 y old comes of screens at 9pm. Some nights they are out at Scouts or youth clubs, so on those evenings they don't use screens at all.

Nocomet Thu 20-Mar-14 21:10:52

As long as HW is done, lights are out before midnight and they get up for the bus in the morning I don't care.

I've never bothered with screen limits and DD2 has been able to work a computer since she was 3 and had a lap top since she was six. It's just something she played with alongside playmobile, toycars and the trampoline. DD1 hated toys and is more likely to draw and read or just chill, DD2 never chills, she's always doing something.

DD2 now(13) likes to be told to go to bed at 10.30 at the moment and DD1(16) is going much earlier than 12 because GCSEs are wearing her out. But this is absolutely their present choice

They don't have formal chores, I chase them to help out as and when things need doing. DD2 moans, DD1 can be very helpful.

They are lovely girls, DD1 totally refuses to engage in teen attitude and DD2 normally gives it up after 10 minutes and starts practicing gymnastics instead.

HippoCritic Sun 23-Mar-14 00:06:16

DS1 (14) and DD3 (10) are the only ones who use it. They MUST do homework and chores (after having a small break after coming home from school) and then have unlimited hours. This has sorted itself out because DS1 divides his spare time with grazing/playing football in RL if not dark/texting/watching TV/going on laptop/jogging/being out with mates until curfew, and DD3 spends her time reading/watching TV/playing with the dog/going on laptop/Skyping friends, meaning they spend about an hour each a day on the Xbox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now