why can't we connect

(3 Posts)
40thisisit Sat 22-Feb-14 20:25:07

my eldest of 3 dds has just turned 14 and into a horrible monster, she is rude, aggressive and ill tempered if things don't go her way. She is Constantly after money and really doesnt deserve any. I obviously love her lots but at times find her so hard, any advice I'd really love

BuzzLightbulb Sat 22-Feb-14 20:32:48

Yeah, welcome to teen years.

It does end, but only happily if you stand your ground!

You have to stop being the dictator, start to listen to what she's saying and every now and then agree that you can give a little.

It's also tim to start training them, dishes cooking laundry, anything for the cash you're prepared to give. Don't price each chore tho, give an allowance and state something is required in return.

Teens are very angry, sometimes best not to join the battle. I found saying yes you're probably right infuriates them but they can't argue back.

chocoluvva Sat 22-Feb-14 22:51:22

IME 14-15 is the most difficult stage.

It's probably best to try to ignore the muttering and huffing and puffing but call her on downright rudeness.

Could you increase her pocket money with the proviso that you won't fund any extras perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now