snogging on the school bus

(26 Posts)
Merguez Wed 06-Nov-13 21:21:27

If your 13-y-o dd was regularly snogging her 13-y-o boyfriend on the school bus, would you want her younger brother's friend's mother to tell you?

Or is it none of my business...

SirChenjin Wed 06-Nov-13 21:23:49

Crikey - difficult one. How well do you know the mother?

whereisthewitch Wed 06-Nov-13 21:25:02

I used to snog all the time in the bus <tramp>
I'd say nothing tbh.

Helpyourself Wed 06-Nov-13 21:26:27

No, but do you know her well enough to talk to anyway. I'd want to know if one of my DCs had a boyfriend/ girlfriend and I hope I would, but not interested in the nitty gritty.

Merguez Wed 06-Nov-13 21:27:33

She is another 'school mum', but we are quite friendly and sometimes go out together.

It has happened before and she laughed it off - her daughter has been 'going out' with this boy since the summer, although she apparently dumped him a while ago.

SirChenjin Wed 06-Nov-13 21:29:40

I think if she laughed it off she'd probably not want to know tbh. Maybe better just leave it smile

although if it was my DD I would want to know and would be having A Chat with her

Merguez Wed 06-Nov-13 21:31:10

It is difficult because I only have boys, neither of whom has shown any interest in girls yet other than mild curiosity.

SirChenjin Wed 06-Nov-13 21:46:17

And long may it continue Merguez...

DS1 is 16 and has his first serious girlfriend. He asked me if DH and I would allow her to stay for a sleepover (sleepover - bless him grin), and promised they "wouldn't do anything". I had to remind him that DH and I weren't born yesterday and that hell would have to freeze over first before we would sanction a sleepover. I want him to be young and naive again....

usualsuspect Wed 06-Nov-13 21:48:23

I wouldn't say anything.

It's hardly shocking that 13 year olds song.

usualsuspect Wed 06-Nov-13 21:48:40

Or snog

usualsuspect Wed 06-Nov-13 21:49:58

But then I'd let my 16 year olds girlfriend stay over.

So maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Madlizzy Wed 06-Nov-13 21:53:20

Snogging when you're a teenager is brilliant, and it's what they do, whether it's on the school bus or behind the drama block. Leave them to it, it's not as if they're having full sex in front of everyone.

BackforGood Wed 06-Nov-13 23:34:33

No - keep your beak out.
A snog is a snog and not to be discussed with your Mother by anyone.

cory Thu 07-Nov-13 07:48:54

Perhaps your ds could be encouraged not to be such a gossip? wink

MirandaWest Thu 07-Nov-13 07:52:35

I'm not sure what I'll be like as my DC aren't that age yet, but if my younger one were telling me what my older ones friend were doing I would probably smile and say "yes dear". Certainly wouldn't tell the friends mother about it. I too wouldn't encourage the younger one to be telling tales about what was happening.

fieldfare Thu 07-Nov-13 07:54:59

God no.
I'd be encouraging the other child not to be such a tattle tale.

Kerryblue Thu 07-Nov-13 10:08:03

No way.

I used to snog for England when I was that age! No harm in it really.

Also if the mother has known about it before and laughed it off, what makes you think she may react differently this time?

mrsjay Thu 07-Nov-13 10:12:13

I wouldnt say anything either i would leave it the fact she laughed it off means she doesn't really want to know or just uncomfy you think it is odd iyswim. I think they just snog whenever they get the chance if they have boyfriends/girlfriends and the school bus is a good place as any.

Merguez Thu 07-Nov-13 12:39:48

My ds wasn't gossiping or being a tattle-tale. He was a bit disgusted really (and the boy concerned is a bit of a trouble maker) and wanted to talk to me about it.

When it happened the previous time the boy concerned snogged several different girls on the bus 'for a dare' so it was a bit different.

But I am getting the message loud and clear that I should stay well out of it (which is what ds would like me to do too).

mrsjay Thu 07-Nov-13 12:51:46

he wont be as disgusted when girls suddenly come onto his radar

Merguez Thu 07-Nov-13 13:23:30

No indeed - I told him that!

cory Fri 08-Nov-13 07:28:50

I think you need to explain to him loud and clear that there is nothing disgusting about people older than him kissing each other and that only babies think so.

And yes, I do have a teen son. Who apparently kissed a substantial number of the girls in his class in Yr 7, but seems to have parted amicably from them all. No line of irate or concerned mothers at my front door.

SirChenjin Fri 08-Nov-13 09:07:53

Equally, there is a time and a place - and there is nothing wrong with not wanting teenagers eating each other's faces in front of you.

SirChenjin Fri 08-Nov-13 09:10:15

Oops - hit return too soon - but school bus is probably one of these times and places grin

Ujjayi Fri 08-Nov-13 09:26:26

Personally, I would stay out of it. If the mother was a good friend of mine I might make a joke out of it in conversation with her but otherwise it really is none of your business. Plus, I don't actually see that snogging on a bus is so outrageous. DS had his first "girlfriend" last year in Year 8....bless. He told me that they had kissed on school grounds......tbh my first thought was "ooh, do you know how to kiss, then??" (I didn't actually say this to him!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now