13 year old and ear stretchers....help!

(55 Posts)
Fragglewump Sat 12-Oct-13 12:11:23

Dss is 13 and getting ear stretchers. This is being allowed by his mum. Dh and I are sad and concerned that this will damage not only his ears but future prospects. Are we old farts who need to get a grip? Or is there anything we can and should do? Help!

DownstairsMixUp Sun 13-Oct-13 19:01:21

I don't agree with letting a 13 year old do that either but I'd hardly say she had mental health problems. Bit over the top like.

WiddleAndPuke Sun 13-Oct-13 19:04:13

I didn't say she did. I wondered if she did. Difference.

finallydelurking Sun 13-Oct-13 19:32:47

I don't think anybody actually wants their 13 year old to have piercings, but it's one of those choose your battles things. The best option is probably to accept you can't stop them, but you can compromise and you can ensure they do it as safely and hygienically as possible.

mrsjay Sun 13-Oct-13 19:41:53

I didn't say she did. I wondered if she did. Difference

you are still not making sense because a parent had agreed to let a teenager to have a piercing then she might have some MH issues . what confused

FloozeyLoozey Sun 13-Oct-13 21:17:42

It's not about age, people have been stretching for years. I know of people in their 50s and beyond with them, it's just that in the last decade or so they have increased with popularity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now