Share this blog post with your teens - drink driving

(12 Posts)
xxxxmrsxxxx Sun 29-Sep-13 23:25:28

This blog post was written by my niece on the first anniversary of my daughters car accident. She was probably drink driving and was wearing no seatbelt. It shows some of the impact this action has on family and friends. Feel free to share it - we want the message to be passed on.

http://beccaboofun.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/helens-story.html?m=1

Thank you.

AN0NYM0US Mon 30-Sep-13 19:25:40

Hmm - I'd prefer to blog to have more detail about the consequences of drink driving rather than a series of 'excuses' as to why she might have been driving whilst drunk.

Also her friend was injured but you barely mention how she is doing - bit selfish that.

I can see why you're ANONYMOUS. hmm What a heartless response.

Mrs, I'm sorry for your loss. We all do stupid things, maybe teenagers do more than most, and most of us get away with them. What a shame for your daughter and your family that her actions had fatal consequences.

specialsubject Mon 30-Sep-13 21:49:09

what a sad, sad story. I read of a mentally ill girl who tried to kill herself with alcohol and a car. That's not cowardice, that's a cry for help.

Depression is not a slur on anyone's character and is not a sign of not being 'bold'.

nobody's fault.

Godlessdomestic Mon 30-Sep-13 22:37:09

grin mrs how lovely to see you here. I shared this on the 'chat' thread.

Anonymous - the other girl involved suffered injuries to her back but has recovered well with no lasting damage. Thank you for your concern about her.

I think the consequences of drink driving have been adequately explained, what with my niece being brain damaged and unlikely to ever leave hospital ever again. I would hope you agree...??

My daugter's blog was written to try to explain the impact on our lives and what is now missing. I'm sure you did not mean to be so rude.

AN0NYM0US Tue 01-Oct-13 00:03:45

This girl is not a hero - she drank and then got into a car and drove... it is sheer luck that she didn't kill anyone.

Her injuries are self inflicted.

Much as I have sympathy for the family... we all need to remember that there is NO excuse for drink driving - full stop!

Godlessdomestic Tue 01-Oct-13 00:12:29

I can't see anywhere that says she is a hero, she is a deeply flawed young lady and this has been made quite clear.

The blog post highlights the loss we feel as a family, it doesn't excuse her actions at all.. Drink driving is wrong - but young people do think they are invincible and if this stops just one, isn't that a good thing?

wakemeupnow Tue 01-Oct-13 17:31:38

Anonymous.. If only life were so black and white. A little empathy goes a long way ...

CeliaFate Tue 01-Oct-13 19:47:47

You are talking about the OP's daughter, AN0NYM0US! Show some compassion for goodness' sake!

quoteunquote Tue 01-Oct-13 20:03:41

very sad,

As specialsubject points out suicide is not cowardice.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, being is a mother of a dead child is really hard, I hope some good comes out of it.

AN0NYM0US Wed 02-Oct-13 01:05:02

The daughter is still alive...

CeliaFate Wed 02-Oct-13 07:57:28

Yes she is still alive, for which I guess the OP is eternally grateful. But she can barely function with small signs of improvement.
If you think she "deserves" that then shame on you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now