Assertiveness for Teenagers

(4 Posts)
Antoni Thu 26-Sep-13 20:58:49

I found this [www.kidscape.org.uk], and they run courses for kids who are being bullied and want to improve their self confidence. It was really useful for the children, and for me to meet other parents in the same boat.

I've just bought "the shyness and social anxiety workbook for teens" for my son and it looks really good - it does say it helps build social confidence so may be useful?

I've looked in the back and there are a couple more in the series that might be better:

www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Confident-Teens-Overcoming-Self-Esteem/dp/1608821137

www.amazon.co.uk/Coping-Cliques-Workbook-Put-Downs-Harbinger/dp/1572246138/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380148127&sr=1-1&keywords=coping+with+cliques

DS1 is 14 Antoni he could do with a bit of assertiveness in general although I think confidence is required too. He's too nice to people. sad

Antoni Tue 24-Sep-13 19:34:58

Does anyone know of a good assertiveness course for my 15 year old dd. She is getting push around, and can't stand up for herself against the nasty girls at school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now