Teenage boys, you've got to love them! Who else's does this?

(176 Posts)
JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 17:16:31

Just went over to ds2 and leant over him:

Ds2 (looking alarmed): "Whachya doin?"

Me: "Kissing you"

Ds2 (trying to back off further into the settee): "Whaaattt? What for?"

I plant the kiss.

Ds2: "Eww, you're gay, gerroff"

He loves me really, honest smile

Labro Sat 21-Sep-13 19:23:56

11 yr old ds is taller than me, still sleeps with the teddy his nan gave him when he was 5, loves a cuddle (but then I become the modt embarassing mum on the planet when hes at school) and then declares heneeds to be near me. He also does that thing from 'bear behaving badly' puts on a silly voice and says 'luvs you mummy' (normally 5 minutes after we've finished shouting at each other!)

Madlizzy Sat 21-Sep-13 19:24:47

My 20 year old gives me massive bear hugs when he comes home to visit and I love it. My 14 year old boys drape themselves on me when we're watching telly, and will come up and ask for a "huggins" on a regular basis. We do the knuckles on the head too, although we call it nuggies.

SirChenjin Sat 21-Sep-13 19:27:33

Mine's 16 - he's completely clueless but likes to think he knows it all, and has an opinion on everything. Youtube is the equivalent of the Encyclopaedia Britannica in his world, and he's full of useless facts. He's lovely though, full of fun (when he's not slamming doors) and is just so excited all the time - he's got his whole life ahead of him, he's realised that he can do and be anything he wants to be, has some great mates, and an iphone. Life is very good. Oh - and he gives me kisses and hugs when his friends aren't about. I luffs him smile

littlemisswise Sat 21-Sep-13 19:34:06

If I go into DS1's room and am annoying him, he picks me up and takes me to my room and puts me to bed!grin
He was getting the washing in earlier, I have a short denim kilt that I had washed and he banged on the kitchen window, held it up and said "What's this? If you think you are going out in this you can think again!" I started to laugh and he walked off shaking his head looking far too much like my Dad!

LizzieVereker Sat 21-Sep-13 19:41:20

DS1 (14) is a bit smelly, tells fibs occasionally to get out of trouble, and a bit lazy at school.

But he is utterly devoted to his younger brother aged 7, would spend his first and last penny on him, and on a day out/ holiday is far more concerned about his brother having a good time than himself. I don't get too many cuddles from DS1 he saves them for his little brother. They are luffly.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 21-Sep-13 19:44:44

My DS17 lets me squeeze his spots! grin I luffs him!

Wuldric Sat 21-Sep-13 19:51:31

DS (13) is one great big cuddly thing. He is as tall as me now (5' 11") and picks me up and flings me on the sofa every day. Hugs from DD (15) are more rare but lovely too.

GingerPCatt Sat 21-Sep-13 19:52:50

I reading this cuddling my toddler DS with a tear in my eye I hope we have many years if cuddles to come.

cakesonatrain Sat 21-Sep-13 20:13:47

"standing in silent delight" is such a perfect phrase to describe so much of motherhood so far, and my oldest is only 2.1. Long may it continue smile

MorvahRising Sat 21-Sep-13 20:41:40

juanpotatotwo your DD's boyfriend sounds like a keeper - what a lovely lad.

dementedma Sat 21-Sep-13 20:42:46

If I'm caught unaware near our double bed, Ds yells "spear tackle" and hurls himself at me, slamming me on to the bed with him on top of me.he thinks its funny

Saggy I bought my DS one of those proper spot things (the little loop) and I will occasionaly blast him with my (expensive) Philosophy Scrub.
Then make him use the loopy thing.

A teenager that doesn't do his zits.

Where did I go so Wrong ?

<<Hangs head and mutters>>

Shodan Sat 21-Sep-13 21:12:24

Ds1 (nearly 18) still hugs me, pats me on the head, wants me to look in before I go to bed. But what delights me more is that he'll talk, properly talk, with me. He doesn't do it with any other adult.

We're going to uni open days together and I am absolutely loving every moment of it- from the jokey comments about my driving to the serious conversations about course choices. Sometimes I look at this gangly young man loping along beside me and can't believe he's the little baby I held.

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 21:18:55

Aw, they all sound so lovely.

Reiltin, he knows what gay means and he knows I don't like him using it. But he still does. A lot of them do I think. But it doesn't reflect his attitude in any way, it's just a not very nice expression.

TobyLerone Sat 21-Sep-13 21:24:01

I'm surprised it took that long for someone to get a bit sanctimonious about the use of 'gay'.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 21-Sep-13 21:25:44

70 I have one of those loopy things. Its rubbish!

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 21:30:51

I too was expecting it a bit earlier Toby smile

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 21:31:31

I didn't know you could still get those loopy things. Always wanted one.

Tuon Sat 21-Sep-13 21:42:50

This thread is making my heart swell. Ds is the apple of my eye, he's nine, nearly ten. No hand holding or kissing at school gates. Always a cuddle before bed though.

He helped me do the shopping today, dh has a physical disability and ds is determined to be a man and help. Scrawny wee boy insisting on carrying bags in from the car with me and opening the door.

Jesus, tears now. You worry you're making a hash of parenting or could be doing it better then I see the man he's becoming. Thank you for this thread.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Sat 21-Sep-13 21:43:00

This thread is lovely smile I have ds1 (3) and ds2 (18weeks) and I am having visions of the future.

PeanutPatty Sat 21-Sep-13 21:46:52

I'm loving all these wonderful Mother / Son moments.

Tabby1963 Sat 21-Sep-13 21:46:53

My son (18) who moved away to study last year, voluntarily hugs me now when he visits. I don't have to threaten or bribe him to any more lol...

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 21:55:30

Don't cry Tuon, or at least, cry only in a happy way!

Feel the need to say I obviously love my dd every bit as much as the dss, but that's a different thread.

Shodan Sat 21-Sep-13 21:57:46

Is it too sad to admit that I got a lump in my throat after reading the bit in my own post that said "Ds1 (nearly 18)..."? grin

He can't be nearly 18. He just can't. <sob>

Tuon Sat 21-Sep-13 22:01:41

Very happy tears Juan. Just made me think of all the times I felt I wasn't a good enough mother, seeing the wee scrap bringing in bags 'I'll help mam, no worries' felt like a wee peek into the future and that I've done okay by him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now