Teenage boys, you've got to love them! Who else's does this?

(176 Posts)
JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 17:16:31

Just went over to ds2 and leant over him:

Ds2 (looking alarmed): "Whachya doin?"

Me: "Kissing you"

Ds2 (trying to back off further into the settee): "Whaaattt? What for?"

I plant the kiss.

Ds2: "Eww, you're gay, gerroff"

He loves me really, honest smile

MyBoysAreFab Sat 21-Sep-13 18:11:47

Mine are 12 and nearly 14. They still hug me and I love the feeling of their gangly limbs and the overwhelming smell of Lynx that they envelop me in. They are also happy to sit next to me with their long legs sprawled over mine when we watch tv. My younger "noggies" me too. They are both almost taller than me (though tbf I am a short arse) and love teasing me about this and patting my head. Sometimes I cannot believe the love I feel for my manboys!

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 18:12:58

shrinking, your friend might want to get some copies of that letter - it might mysteriously disappear when they hit 13, smile

everlong Sat 21-Sep-13 18:13:28

Ds14 and 21 are always hugging me. The 14 year old daily.

We are either hugging or shouting at each other grin

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 18:14:37

Oh this is a nice thread, even if I do say so myself!

MorvahRising Sat 21-Sep-13 18:22:59

Mine's quite huggy although now he's so tall he has to bend down quite a long way. I get patted on the head too. And kissed goodnight sometimes but he would die a thousand deaths if anyone knew that.

MorvahRising Sat 21-Sep-13 18:25:34

myboysarefab cross posted - oh yes the smell of Lynx! It pervades the entire house! Luckily I rather like it.

My DS is nearly 14.
He is taller than me but I can still lift him.

At school/near the school it is strictly "Hands Off" which is fair enough.
When we are out (we had a Mum&Son shop today for shoes) he's there.
Touch, touch, plucking my sleeve, leaning slightly. It's very sweet and gives me oppurtunity to hug him (before he skips away).
In the house though he's still my cuddly though beanpole skinny PFB little boy.

My DC don't call me Mummy now. DD calls me Mum.
With DS it's "Muvver" grin

Oh yes the Lynx grin

nokidshere Sat 21-Sep-13 18:32:17

Haha at Lynx - my house stinks of it most of the time! My boys (12 & 14) are still huggy thankfully, although its an absolute no-no in public!!!

They are both taller than me now too so when I want a "proper" hug I have to stand on the stairs to reach them lol. And my oldest pats me on the head as he walks by me!

Oh and they both still call to be tucked in too ;) although I would be hung drawn and quartered for admitting that in public haha

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sat 21-Sep-13 18:33:29

All 3 DS's are very huggy but my most huggy DS1 is off to uni tomorrow for 10 whole weeks! Waaaa.

invicta Sat 21-Sep-13 18:34:12

Haven't had a proper hug for ages ( aged 13 and 11), although will get brief cuddle from youngest at bedtime, and always kiss them both goodnight.

everlong Sat 21-Sep-13 18:34:18

I frequently say that he smells like a tarts handbag..

mignonette Sat 21-Sep-13 18:36:11

My 40 year old brother still wants to sit on his Mother's lap.

My son occasionally cracks, grabs my hand and makes me scratch his head. It is the only expression of physical closeness he can cope w/ now he has GF's to provide him w/ the rest! He does need to touch base though and it is touching how how strong his need is to tell me about his day the moment he bursts through the door. With boys his age (19) food is often love. He adores being cooked for still.

Loony You sound wonderful and very insightful about boys of that age and what they actually need.

onefewernow Sat 21-Sep-13 18:42:20

Food is also love. Where teenage boys are concerned, you are not wrong .

mignonette Sat 21-Sep-13 18:49:24

I can still see the scab kneed little boy in my DH at times despite the fact that I didn't know him as a child. It never leaves. My son is the same mix of man/child whereas my DD at nearly 26 seems so grown up, even when she is being all fluffy and twirly.

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 18:52:29

My ds3 (9) is the spit of how my ds1 (20) looked at that age. Makes me sad because it seems like not two minutes ago ds3 actually was 9.

littlemisswise Sat 21-Sep-13 19:00:53

Mine are 18&16 and still love their hugs and kisses, especially DS2. He comes to me with his arms out for a hug so I put one arm out to hug him, and he says "No! iPad down, proper cuddle" then he bristles my neck the little sod!grin

I woke DS1 up yesterday lunchtime, he'd be clubbing the night before. He was all sleepy and put his arms up for a hug. <melts>

They are being extra cuddly because DH has just gone away for four months and I'm a bit low.

LemonMousse Sat 21-Sep-13 19:03:12

At 20 mine isn't technically a teenage boy any more - I suppose he's a man! He still tries to avoid the huggy kissy goodbyes when he's heading off back to uni but I know secretly he loves it grin

His idea of affection is to sneak up behind me and nip my waist because he knows it makes me snort like a pig grin

littlemisswise Sat 21-Sep-13 19:06:43

DS1 ruffles my hair and says "love you Mum, you wrinkly woman!" with a grin on his face and a glint in his eye.[ grin]
He was meant to have gone to Uni this year but has deferred, I couldn't have coped with him and DH leaving in the same week!

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 21-Sep-13 19:10:14

Aww, lovely teen boy stories smile.

Dd's boyfriend goes round to his grandma's every Sunday and cooks her a roast, does her cleaning and gardening, and takes her dog for a walk. Not sure if he hugs and kisses her too, but if I had to guess, I'd say yes!

MoominMammasHandbag Sat 21-Sep-13 19:17:51

Feeing more than a bit envious reading this. DS1 (19) has never been a hugger. In fact I could probably count my hugs from him over the last few years on the fingers of one hand: when my friend lost her son, when my Dad died and when he goes off to University. And once when I was standing listening to DD playing the piano he came up and casually draped an arm about my shoulders. I just stood there, in silent delight, not daring to speak until he wandered off again.

Well I never! I never knew the knuckles on the head thing had a name. My granddad used to do that to me and my brother 40 odd years ago. I do it to my boys on occasion. It's nice to have family traditions isn't it?! grin

I have a cuddly 13 yr old and an even cuddlier 10 yr old who I imagine will still be cuddly at 13+ (the boy is a human limpet given the chance and the right mood). I think you have to start young with them. Get them hooked on cuddles at a very early age and they will seek out approval and cuddles from their mothers forever I reckon. Its a bit like Pavlov's dogs really. wink

MoominMammasHandbag Sat 21-Sep-13 19:20:20

But before you all feel too sorry for me, DS2(7) gives me masses of hugs and kisses all the time smile

Annunziata Sat 21-Sep-13 19:20:55

Mine are 23, 2x18 and 17 and still kissing and cuddling me. I really love it when they put their arms around me, but sometimes I can't believe those young men are mine, with their beards and big deep voices!

The 17 year old is sitting with the baby (6months) reading her a story just now <sobs>

Reiltin Sat 21-Sep-13 19:22:34

You should buy him a dictionary and highlight the meaning of the word 'gay'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now