Small Bra

(7 Posts)
bigTillyMint Thu 05-Sep-13 14:46:46

OP, my DD was 26 with a B cup at 12 - we managed to find some 29" bras in M&S IIRC.

The add 4" thing is bollocks. If DD adds 4", the bra is so loose it's useless!

Gilbertus Thu 05-Sep-13 09:52:16

I worked in the lingerie dept of a big london dept store for many years but am willing to admit it was a very long time ago! I still go by that measurement though and it hasnt failed me yet.

SuperiorCat Wed 04-Sep-13 22:18:23

Gilbertus if you read the bra intervention threads the adding 4" is considered outdated and incorrect advice - although M&S and a few other retailers insist on doing this.

OP if you go into Style and Beauty and post on a bra thread there are some really knowledgeable people there who will be able to give you some good suggestions

Gilbertus Wed 04-Sep-13 22:16:28

So christine your dd would be a 28"smile

Gilbertus Wed 04-Sep-13 22:15:54

You are supposed to add 4" to the chest measurements to get your bra size, ie if you measure 26" then you are a 30" smile

Madmog Wed 04-Sep-13 14:03:35

My daughter only measured 26" across the chest, but found her a starter bra online at BHS, which happens to be 30", the 28" was too tight. I also bought some from M&S and Debenhams to try, but the one from BHS was most suitable for her.

christinehus Wed 04-Sep-13 09:51:40

Does anyone know where I can get a small but decent bra for my 11 year old, she definately needs one but her chest measures only 24 inches - she might get away with a 26 inch band but all the first bra ranges seem to start @28!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now