Good reasons why 'working' a 7 day week is a bad idea (ideally reasons that a teenager will believe)

(32 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 16-Aug-13 21:01:56

DD is doing flexi-schooling; so an hour off on a Friday morning and Tuesday afternoon off

She wants to spend Saturday & Sunday in London studying; can anyone give us good reasons why it's a bad idea....other than we don't think it's a good idea

Ipsumlorem Sun 18-Aug-13 13:10:02

Is there any scope for you to agree a 'trial period' for a set amount of time, after which you review whether or not (based on any negative changes in her behaviour/general demeanor/tiredness) to allow her to continue?

There is also a chance of course that the idea of doing 2 extra days may appeal much more to her than the reality when put into practice? wink

HollaAtMeBaby Sun 18-Aug-13 13:24:10

Only a British parent would worry about this! Let her do it!

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 18-Aug-13 13:26:02

Sorry you don't want to hear this but last year dd did a 7 day week including school, dance& rehearsals

However it is not a good idea todance7 days as the body needs a day off to recover.

chocoluvva Sun 18-Aug-13 13:59:19

Could you persuade her to ask for advice about whether it would be manageable from a dance teacher perhaps?

If you were to tell her you think it MIGHT be too much, but you're not sure so she should ask someone who knows about these things...... It might affect her dancing....

KatyMac Sun 18-Aug-13 14:30:29

"There is also a chance of course that the idea of doing 2 extra days may appeal much more to her than the reality when put into practice?" oh I do hope so Ipsumlorem

Pictures I know but try adding in GCSEs sad I just worry

Chocoluvva that sounds good & combined with a 'trial' might just work

I should chill shouldn't I, HollaAtMeBaby?

alreadytaken Sun 18-Aug-13 14:37:11

with most teenagers I'd assume "working" meant hanging out with friends but this sounds more organised. I'd let her try, if it gets too much for her deal with it then. Teenagers need to make mistakes sometimes and she will be on a train for hours so getting some rest then.

KatyMac Tue 20-Aug-13 17:32:55

I guess

We will see - at least for the first 6 weeks one weekend day is at home - rehearsals & 2 shows

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now