<Sob> Temporarily overwhelmed by DS1 and 2

(184 Posts)
BoffinMum Mon 05-Aug-13 12:44:49

I am trying to work from home during August as I haven't got a lot of childcare, but DS (12) and DS (15) are driving me nuts. Despite my best efforts they are doing everything on an imaginary ticklist of annoying-but-not-illegal-or-immoral things, specifically designed to annoy a parent. Their minor but exasperating crimes include:

Smearing jam all over clean sheets from eating in bed
Peeing all over the place in the bathroom and making it stink
Toilet skid marks, no use of brush
No assistance in house whatsoever despite many disciplinary strategies
Lying in bed until lunch and then loafing about in pyjamas all day
Arguing and scrapping with each other
Bedrooms like fetid hellholes that time forgot (gave in and cleaned one today as I couldn't bear it any longer)
Banging on about the next thing they want me to buy for them
Refusing to their holiday homework from school
Refusing to do anything except muck about on their computers

I have tried everything I can think of to reign them in but I am wondering if there are things other people can think of. I am getting no work done and they have me in tears at the moment.

Sparklingbrook Funny how they have always "forgotten" their money when we are out and could I lend them some for a KFC? I always feel it would be mean to ask for the money back. i'm a soft touch aren't I?

Sparklingbrook Mon 19-Aug-13 14:50:42

DS1 is such a tightwad secret, the more he has the less he wants to spend. angry

Labro Mon 19-Aug-13 20:13:19

I've lent my 11yr old ds to his grandparents, as I have 3 brothers theres no chance of him winding my mother up!

alistron1 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:16:34

This evening my teens have been listing their various physical ailments. Between them they allegedly need cosmetic toe surgery, cosmetic dentistry and access to a ventilator.

They're still awake and I'm hiding in order to avoid being subjected to Lady GaGa's new video again.

CatsAndTheirPizza Mon 19-Aug-13 22:26:41

Feet. Can someone help me out here? He's not even a teen yet, but dear God [cheese]grin

alistron1 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:36:05

my 14 year old son's feet have grown at least 3 sizes in 12 months. He has spent this holiday learning how to pick things up and throw them with his toes - he'd like longer toes hence the cosmetic toe surgery.

alistron1 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:37:43

To be fair his flippers don't smell. And he regularly washes his hands and applies hand cream because it aids his gaming. And people say computer games are bad.

monikar Tue 20-Aug-13 10:53:22

And he regularly washes his hands and applies hand cream because it aids his gaming

This has made me laugh - I have heard it all now grin .

dementedma Tue 20-Aug-13 21:10:08

Ds is 11 and has feet like canal boats already. God knows what size they will be when he is finally done. They stink too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now